Should he (Ireland) stay or should he go? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should he (Ireland) stay or should he go?

PhinNation

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Curious to know what everyone at FinHeaven.com thinks about Jeff Ireland. We posted a story today outlining why Jeff Ireland should not return as Dolphins GM next season. Thus far, 89% of Dolphins fans want him gone. What do you all think?

Sorry to say, but I think you're right Nublar7. Ross has to understand how critical this offseason is, but to continue on with someone who's track record is suspect (at best), is not in the best interest of the franchise IMO

I believe that if the Fins do not win 7 games, he is gone. If we end up 5-11 or 6-10, we have regressed from last year. remember last year we won 6 out of 9 to finish the season.
In either case, when you look around the league and you see other teams improving and making strides the Fins are still stuck in neutral. The Colts are 8-4 and are going in the right direction.
Five years ago it was Atlanta coming off a dismal season, they made the right moves and now they are competing for the super bowl. Meanwhile we keep turning over marginal players and changing staffs.
What is the common denominator...Jeff Ireland. He has been the problem all along.
I want him gone. Let Philbin run the draft the way Shula used too. He could not do any worse. Or get another GM that deserves a promotion...like a brian Gaine.
Philbin and staff will be ruined by another season of Ireland.
Mr Ross...just fire him now. You can expect another 10K seats sold just from the announcement.
Rant over.

After we show progress? Of course he should not be fired. You want to go back to stage 1 yet again?

Either way I seriously doubt we need yet another thread about this. We already have at least 400.

I think you'll find the majority (myself included) want Ireland gone. Aside from 5 years of failure, his philosophy is of old school ground and pound with cornfed linemen and huge slow footed LBs. Conversely the scouting department is filled with guys that reflect that mentality all of which is opposite of what Philbin is trying to install. Some may think a football player is a football player big, small, fast or slow but that isn't true. I want my scouting staff in sync with my coach and GM. If Ireland is retained and the results are not significantly better, I think you run a real risk of losing Philbin as well meaning, we clean house and start over yet again. Not a good idea to keep repeating this cycle every 3-4 years.

The culture has to be changed in Miami and with Ireland in place, I have my doubts that can be accomplished. Unfortunately, after years of witnessing bad decisions, I can fore see Ross giving Ireland a second season with Philbin. I would really like to give a new GM 4 years with Philbin to see what they can build.

Omar says he will be back so it must be true.

he needs to go they need a change and he is no good nice guy but nice guys finish last like the dolphin

Just curious, what's the point of saying "he (Ireland)"? Why not just say Ireland?

Back
Top Bottom