Should It Have Been Tremaine Edmunds And Dallas Goedert? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should It Have Been Tremaine Edmunds And Dallas Goedert?

Also, let's not forget the relative competition Goedert faced on the South Dakota State's schedule including juggernauts Montana St, Duquesne, Youngstown St, Missouri St and Drake vs Big 10 quality level opponents. It's like being defended against by future UPS drivers vs Ohio St LBs and CBs

Goedert is running with the 1st team in their 12 personnel and the ability to block gets you on the field sooner. By NFL ready, I’m refering to more playing time sooner than later.

How is he a better blocker? Not saying that he is not, but again he was working against very poor comp.

Also coaches handle rookies differently. Adam Gase has always been a earn it guy with the rookies. Just his approach. Some coaches put those guys in day one. To each their own.

Not sure Goedert has similar receiving upside, Gesicki has insane upside, don't think any TE can match it from this draft. Also, I hear Goedert was whiffing on blocks early in camp so projecting anything at this point is tricky at best

Use foresight my friend
Foresight? What foresight? Are you suggesting that every player is going to perform in the NFL exactly as they did in college? Because that's all that they can be judged on at the moment.
If not, then you can't even begin to suggest that anybody would be able to have even an inkling of who should have been picked. Which means that the argument, and thus the thread, are a giant waste of everyones time.

Last edited:
Gesicki is already snagging bombs from Tannehill. He's making acrobatic one hand catches and he's wowing people. He is the classic seam threat that this team has lack for a long time. Fitz will be a Pro Bowl guy right from the start. This kid brings a whole lot more than just being great on game day. This kid is a born leader and just such a perfect guy to incorporate into the mix. Fitz likes to say, if we all do our jobs then everything runs smooth!

BTW, we did draft an excellent LBer, Jerome Baker from Ohio State. When you see what this kid can do in tandem with his former teammate McMillan you might just be very happy. I think the Dolphin's got it right. Remember, Gase talks to Saban and I'm sure the message was get Minkah!!!!!!

I liked Dallas. Of course his competition was weaker compared to if he was in the SEC. I liked the comparison to Travis Kelce who also came from D2 ball and obviously is a damn good TE in the NFL.

As of now, not going to be wondering if X was the right player taken or not. One of them may boom their first year and regress the second year onwards. Player Y may need more of a learning curve year one and then blossom year 2-3 onwards for 5 or so years.

Unless Mike G. turns into Jon Martin it'll be hard to judge him early on.

Time will tell. I liked the Minkah pick and would have been happy with the LB too. I thought we were selecting Goedert for the 2nd pick and was a bit surprised when we selected a TE that wasn't him. I was hoping they knew something I didn't see.

Only father time has the answer to this question. We shall see

I mean if Fitz ends up being a HOF talent and Gisecki ends up being an everage TE and Goedert and Edmunds end up up being Pro Bowl caliber players I would pick Fitz & Gisecki.

But it will be interesting to see how things play out during the season as I'm sure if Edmunds wins DROY and Goedert wins OROY we'll be up in arms about the incompetence of Gase and co.

Our first 2 picks were exactly who I was screaming at the TV for.

I wouldn't have been unhappy with Dallas but I preferred Gesicki.

Not sure Goedert has similar receiving upside, Gesicki has insane upside, don't think any TE can match it from this draft. Also, I hear Goedert was whiffing on blocks early in camp so projecting anything at this point is tricky at best

Watch film/highlights. The highlights aka upside, show Goedert with similar upside. I actually prefer the way Goedert plays and looks more fluid as a route runner and after the catch.

Foresight? What foresight? Are you suggesting that every player is going to perform in the NFL exactly as they did in college? Because that's all that they can be judged on at the moment.
If not, then you can't even begin to suggest that anybody would be able to have even an inkling of who should have been picked. Which means that the argument, and thus the thread, are a giant waste of everyones time.

What? That makes no sense.

I’m suggesting foresight is used in projecting how a player will do in the NFL based on how their past performance translates to the NFL. The best scouts, coaches and GMs are really good at this.

Gesicki is already snagging bombs from Tannehill. He's making acrobatic one hand catches and he's wowing people. He is the classic seam threat that this team has lack for a long time. Fitz will be a Pro Bowl guy right from the start. This kid brings a whole lot more than just being great on game day. This kid is a born leader and just such a perfect guy to incorporate into the mix. Fitz likes to say, if we all do our jobs then everything runs smooth!

BTW, we did draft an excellent LBer, Jerome Baker from Ohio State. When you see what this kid can do in tandem with his former teammate McMillan you might just be very happy. I think the Dolphin's got it right. Remember, Gase talks to Saban and I'm sure the message was get Minkah!!!!!!

Saban is biased. Of course he’d say that. I don’t doubt Fitz will be great and Miami needs more guys like him. I also think the same about Edmunds. My point about it all is that the net effect on the defense is greater over the next 4-5 years with Edmunds.

My other issue with drafting Fitz is his optimal position is slot CB. But Fins have McCain so will Fitz will be moved around like a chess piece? Fitz is very versatile too, can play many positions, but will he be as dominate at safety or outside CB in the NFL? If they plug him at either, will his complete game and upside get utilized?

If not, then Fins are selling Fitz and themsleves short. Using 70 - 80% of the tools Fitz gives them isn’t ideal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom