Should our beloved Dolphins revamp the O & D coordinators? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should our beloved Dolphins revamp the O & D coordinators?

[S][T][O][R][M]

In Foro
Reaction score
With everyone focusing on the FO and players ...

And observing this from the beginning, I'm not at all sold on the coaching staff, particularly on the O & D coordinators.

I was thinking of some collegiate/university hotshots.

Maybe I'm out of touch on this. Thought it was worth asking.

O'Shea was a pretty respected OC get that was getting the Colts OC job last year had McDaniels not backed out.

Graham I dont know much about.

If anyone sticks out in the group it is Flores who likely got the HC gig very early in his career trajectory.

both schemes through the first 2 games have been as bad or worse than the personnel running them. if it continues like this throughout the season how can you not look to improve?

It's way too early to tell. The systems, in both sides of the ball, are complicated, as well as being a bit unique (particularly on defense).

One TC, and two games is not enough time to fairly evaluate the situation, and even if it were, we don't have the talent to make them viable.

Flores believes i his "systems", and i don't think you would want to go with collegiate level coordinators when initially installing them.

They will make it through the season. Having said that, coordinators are usually the first fall guys for a new coach.

TBD

This team will lose a lot this year. However, we'll see how any adjustments are made by both in order to stop the bleeding a bit.

Hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. We just don't have the players guys. At this point this is not about coaching.
In the meantime here's this

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins WR Albert Wilson (calf) didn't practice again Thursday.

Wilson is a long shot to suit up Sunday against the Cowboys. The Dolphins are expected to move forward with DeVante Parker, Preston Williams and Jakeem Grant in 3-WR sets, with Allen Hurns also seeing some reps. None are realistic fantasy options in the Dolphins' brutal offense.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:47 AM ET

Hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. We just don't have the players guys. At this point this is not about coaching.
In the meantime here's this

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins WR Albert Wilson (calf) didn't practice again Thursday.

Wilson is a long shot to suit up Sunday against the Cowboys. The Dolphins are expected to move forward with DeVante Parker, Preston Williams and Jakeem Grant in 3-WR sets, with Allen Hurns also seeing some reps. None are realistic fantasy options in the Dolphins' brutal offense.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:47 AM ET
I see Reshad is still milking it.

I'm waiting till the mid point of the season before I even THINK of blaming the coaches.

Week 1 our defense was horrible for 4 quarters, Week 2 I thought we played a decent first half defensively , all things considered. Obviously the wheels fell off and the 2 pick 6's didnt help.

Break the season into quarters. We are only halfway through that first quarter, our **** is gonna stink, and its not gonna get a whole lot better this week.

Hopefully we will see better effort in the second quarter of the season.

Give it time.

They will make it through the season. Having said that, coordinators are usually the first fall guys for a new coach.
True, but this isn't the "usual" situation. It's hard to justify firing O'shea, at this point, considering the situation with the O-line. Two rookies (one undrafted), and two castoffs are getting significant playing time. How is that his fault? I don't think anyone is on the hot seat at this point. Now, midway through next season, may be a different animal all together.

When they said they were tearing it down they sure meant it, they tore it apart so well they now have everyone questioning if they know what there doing.

Coordinators shouldn't even be questioned until the end of year 3 when they have some pieces in place, what does worry me some is that they (Grier-Flores) could be under the same illusion when it comes to building an offensive line, new QB deserves a very talented offensive line to start, you may be able to get away with a less talented line when he can read a defense like the back of his hand and that's after he is in the league 6 or 7 years

Both the coordinators are new and haven't been given anything real to work with. It's a joke that there is any justification to move on from them.

We aren't New England and never will be

Back
Top Bottom