Should our beloved Dolphins revamp the O & D coordinators? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should our beloved Dolphins revamp the O & D coordinators?

True, but this isn't the "usual" situation. It's hard to justify firing O'shea, at this point, considering the situation with the O-line. Two rookies (one undrafted), and two castoffs are getting significant playing time. How is that his fault? I don't think anyone is on the hot seat at this point. Now, midway through next season, may be a different animal all together.
While I agree with you, I think if this team continues losing games by 40-50 points all season, I would imagine somebody's seat on the coaching staff is going to be on fire.

The main adjustment on O should be using the backs more in the passing game with how horrible our OL is. That and quick slants, drags, sticks. I mean how many games do youneed to realize the pocket is collapsing less than 2 seconds in?

While I agree with you, I think if this team continues losing games by 40-50 points all season, I would imagine somebody's seat on the coaching staff is going to be on fire.
If we continue to lose by 40-50 points, sombody needs to be on the hot seat.

While I don't believe some miracle turn around is going to happen, I do think we will make consistant, noticable progress to the point of being competent by seasons end, and that's really all one can reasonably ask of the situation.

According to a number of Pats forum posters who were sad to see him go, O'Shea was the OC heir apparent if McDaniels took a HC job, plus having the advantage of seeing McDaniels, Brady and Belichick up close for years, I'm more than fine with him. Graham, OTOH, not so much, but he did spend six years in NE in lesser defensive roles, so at this point I'd cut him some slack... at least for awhile

Hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. We just don't have the players guys. At this point this is not about coaching.
In the meantime here's this

Albert Wilson WR, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins WR Albert Wilson (calf) didn't practice again Thursday.

Wilson is a long shot to suit up Sunday against the Cowboys. The Dolphins are expected to move forward with DeVante Parker, Preston Williams and Jakeem Grant in 3-WR sets, with Allen Hurns also seeing some reps. None are realistic fantasy options in the Dolphins' brutal offense.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter.

Sep 19, 2019, 11:47 AM ET
My take is Albert wants out and I’m guessing this injury will be a long term one if he isn’t traded

Here where the tank gets controversial but I don’t think we are running atleast our true defense. I watched Flores defense last year and it was much different. I find it hard to believe our defense doesn’t at the least resemble his d last year. Maybe I’m crazy or a conspiracist but I believe we are calling more vanilla plays then the coaches plan to in the future.

There's only so much coaching you can do with the talent, or in this case lack-thereof.

Here where the tank gets controversial but I don’t think we are running atleast our true defense. I watched Flores defense last year and it was much different. I find it hard to believe our defense doesn’t at the least resemble his d last year. Maybe I’m crazy or a conspiracist but I believe we are calling more vanilla plays then the coaches plan to in the future.
I'm sure that's true, but it has absolutely nothing to do with a conspiracy. It's a complex system that requires all parts to play to a certain level.

Whatever the weakest link is, that how far Graham can go with his calls.

Say, for the sake if arguement, 8 of the 11-14 players are competent to run the whole playbook (I doubt it's that many), calling plays you know a handful of guys can't execute doesn't make much sense.

I hate to go cliche here, but if you believe in the "multiples" approach, "trust the process". Teams are built. They don't appear fully formed like the Sumerian civilization. You lay a foundation, then you start to build upon that foundation.

The only way I see any of the staff being at risk is if some how at the end of the season their unit or team is still playing as badly as it currently is playing. I support this staff, but if they are still playing like this near the end of the season I'm not sure how many of us would stand up and say, yes they will improve with better talent playing for them neext year so let's keep the staff around.

I can see this being a valid convo if it was framed as if they are still playing like this at the end of the year. IMO it's not a serious topic when framed as it currently is after playing just 2 games of the season. That to me seems a bit of a stretch. It may end up being correct, but that would just be a lucky guess so to speak. It is just as likely they may start to show steady improvement.

I'm waiting till the mid point of the season before I even THINK of blaming the coaches.

Week 1 our defense was horrible for 4 quarters, Week 2 I thought we played a decent first half defensively , all things considered. Obviously the wheels fell off and the 2 pick 6's didnt help.

Break the season into quarters. We are only halfway through that first quarter, our **** is gonna stink, and its not gonna get a whole lot better this week.

Hopefully we will see better effort in the second quarter of the season.

Give it time.
14 points came off of offensive turnovers and IMO at least one other Pats TD happened because this D was dog tired. They played so many downs the 1st half it was amazing they were still able to stand at the end of 1st half. And let's not forget about the non call PI on ABrown.

I think the D made good strides this past week. The offense, well it was offensive.

Why? Did one of them get caught snorting lines of a hooker's boobies?

When they said they were tearing it down they sure meant it, they tore it apart so well they now have everyone questioning if they know what there doing.

Coordinators shouldn't even be questioned until the end of year 3 when they have some pieces in place, what does worry me some is that they (Grier-Flores) could be under the same illusion when it comes to building an offensive line, new QB deserves a very talented offensive line to start, you may be able to get away with a less talented line when he can read a defense like the back of his hand and that's after he is in the league 6 or 7 years

Both the coordinators are new and haven't been given anything real to work with. It's a joke that there is any justification to move on from them.

We aren't New England and never will be

I don't want to be that guy, but not everyone. I see many who aren't there yet.

The time to evaluate the coordinators is the final 8 games of the season. Statements that it is a new system can be ignored during that time period. Any thoughts of using the first quarter as an extended training camp are thrown out as well.

Back
Top Bottom