Should SNF flex to Tua's debut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should SNF flex to Tua's debut?

Steelers vs Ravens this week.
If anything should be bumped to prime time, it's THAT ONE.
Tua's debut will be a big talking point, and rightly so, but maybe not mandated nationwide viewing.

Steelers vs Ravens this week.
If anything should be bumped to prime time, it's THAT ONE.
Tua's debut will be a big talking point, and rightly so, but maybe not mandated nationwide viewing.

Agreed. I live in PA and am not a Steelers fan at all. But, the Steelers on Prime Time would outdraw Tua's debut. You cannot underestimate the national drawing power of Dallas, Pittsburgh, and (to a lesser extent) Green Bay. The Patriots have also big TV draw the last 18 years or so. The Bucs will also be a big TV draw for this season at least.

The last thing we need is more pressure.

The kid is already replacing a fan favorite QB who was playing pretty well, and the two rookies drafted around him are also playing really well.

There’s enough pressure without his first start being national television.

Agree that a 1pm game is unfavorable for the Rams and the objective is to win, but if they push it back, Tua can handle it. His whole college career was center stage in the spotlight. Many other players would be uncomfortable with the additional attention and pressure of a national audience, but Tua can handle it. I'll even go so far as to suggest that he may thrive on it. His father and Nick Saban have helped to shape his self confidence.

The scheduled game for week 8 is the Cowboys vs Eagles. Terrible game that should be flexed. Tua is so popular with the average/casual fan, it would get way more viewers than this scheduled game. Would you want the SNF game for his debut?
No. The Dolphins have an advantage playing west coast teams flying in for 1:00 games. i want to keep it that way.

Tua vs. LA is the biggest game of the week. So yes they should.

It's too late to flex this game. It had to be done by last week. The only reason the Bucs/Raiders game got moved out of SNF was because of covid concerns with the Raiders and making sure they had a game on SNF.

The scheduled game for week 8 is the Cowboys vs Eagles. Terrible game that should be flexed. Tua is so popular with the average/casual fan, it would get way more viewers than this scheduled game. Would you want the SNF game for his debut?
As crappy as these teams are, this game is for 1st place in the NFC East. Plus, it's a big ratings game. It would be exciting, but I want the Rams on short rest to fly across the country and play at 1pm in the heat.

Back
Top Bottom