Should SNF flex to Tua's debut? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should SNF flex to Tua's debut?

I disagree. Tua has a cult following akin to Tebow's. HUGE college player that everyone remembers coming off the bench and winning the title.
Yeah, he's gotten a lot of press.

1. Successful college career, other than the injuries
2. Huge amount of press from the injuries, once The Hip happened
3. The jockumentary
4. Fitz being benched, despite not playing terribly, and the team winning 3 of the last 4
5. The prospect of him finally starting, with Herbert and Burrow playing well

I think a lot of people with Suncay Ticket will be tuning in on Sunday, and if he doesn't stink up the joint, Miami should get a flex game: perhaps the Chargers or Bengals game(s)

I cant even a remember a time when we were flexed in and not out.

Alabama is not beloved through out the nation. Sorry. Hate to tell ya, but not everyone falls over themselves for the SEC.

And Tua is not Tebow. And vice versa. Tebow had a cult like following for a variety of reasons, a few of them non football.
Tua has a following for that same non-football reason, and I think it's no accident; it was an efficient marketing move by him and his father.

Tua has a following for that same non-football reason, and I think it's no accident; it was an efficient marketing move by him and his father.

Na. Many know of Tua, many don't follow Tua. I just see absolutely no comparison in the 2. Nor will I be convinced a single Alabama player in a stable of premier level talent somehow be a National Icon.

Especially when he was unable to finish his final year in college, and the hardware that comes with it. No great moment to finish his career on, you have to go back a few years for that moment.

Tua had the media for about 2 years in the East Coast corridor. But sports media is highly regional and Alabama just doesn't rule the air waves in the Midwest. From Texas to Ohio, many just do not follow or care for Alabama or the SEC.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Why would we want it flexed? Making LAR play at 10am their time is of benefit to us even though it's on the dumbass fall back day.

Back
Top Bottom