Should the Dolphins Give Players with Character Questions a Second Chance | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins Give Players with Character Questions a Second Chance

I think the McPherson issue isn't that big plus, I'd love to draft him in the 3rd.

There's this one center called Richie Incognito, when I looked at his bio all of his strengths were perfect. His flaws were that he got kicked off two teams because of his high temper. Drafting someone with character issue is a 50/50 shot, just ask the Chargers (Ryan Leaf).

Fitz said:
For some reason I only heard the name adrian mcpharson a couple times, and I had a dream with someone named Adrian Mcpharson so maybe we will draft him ;)

I personally hope we draft Adrian McPherson myself, who's this McPharson? Maybe u were dreaming of an actor or somethin.

Dudeman said:
there is no way that Adrian will ever repeat his antics ever again. once he's in the NFL, he'll be making plenty of money and won't be in a position to be young and stupid..he'll make some team look very smart for drafting him

Well i wouldn't ride that horse too long, the same could have been (and was) said about a RB named Cecil Collins. :eek:

Hellion said:
Well i wouldn't ride that horse too long, the same could have been (and was) said about a RB named Cecil Collins. :eek:

That guy wasn't evil. He was just flat out dumb :roflmao:

yankeehillbilly said:
it would be nice if he wasnt a thief and forger.

Thats what people forget.It wasnt only a gambling problem.

People too often are seduced by apparent talent overlooking or sugar coating players character issues.

I am not saying that they shouldnt be given a chance but why should we take a chance when there are other alternatives.I dont Saban will take those type of players...but I could be wrong.

Jaj said:
This year in the draft there are several prospects that have questionable character. The highest names offcourse are Adrian McPherson and Maurice Clarett. However there are others with questions. Players that include Travis Johnson, Dan Cody (his off-field issues and so-called overintensity), and Chris Henry.

In the past few years we've failed at "controlling" players like Daryl Gardener, Ricky Williams, and Davis Boston. Then again you look at teams like the Eagles and the Pats who completed trades for T.O. and Corey Dillon, respectively, that contributed to their SB runs.

What kind of player deserves a second chance? Which player doesn't? That's my question to Dolfans.

I think there is a distinct difference between the guys you mentioned.

The guys Miami have dealt with have have issues outside of football...Gardener was a personality issue to which he has not responded to with any other team, RW is a personality/drug issue, Boston is also compulsive disorder/drug issue...T.O. is very boistrous and outspoken, but a workout warrier and team player...Dillon was disenchanted with his organization for perpetual losing (who can blame him)...these guys did not have football issues, whereas the guys the fins were trying to bring back had drug or personality issues.

Jaj said:
This year in the draft there are several prospects that have questionable character. The highest names offcourse are Adrian McPherson and Maurice Clarett. However there are others with questions. Players that include Travis Johnson, Dan Cody (his off-field issues and so-called overintensity), and Chris Henry.

In the past few years we've failed at "controlling" players like Daryl Gardener, Ricky Williams, and Davis Boston. Then again you look at teams like the Eagles and the Pats who completed trades for T.O. and Corey Dillon, respectively, that contributed to their SB runs.

What kind of player deserves a second chance? Which player doesn't? That's my question to Dolfans.

You have to start with trust and respect. If a player does not have these characteristics then I would say no. No second chances.

Most of these kids come from bad environments and still run around with the same crowds after they get all the money of the NFL. Hopefully they grow up, but alot of them don't. Hell Ray Lewis may have killed somebody or at least his buddies did, and how many teams would like to have him. Remember old Sammie Smith? Didn't he get busted for dealing cocaine or something? Someone mentioned Cecil Collins earlier. He was a very high prospect, but dropped significantly because of his off field issues. You'd think he would be grateful for the opportunity and get his crap together, but instead he's locked up. I wish I won the lottery to see how I'd end up.:D I guess I drifted from the question a bit, so IMO any pick after the 3rd round is a gamble so yeah if you can get a normally first day pick that late then you gamble and see if the guy gets cleaned up.

Back
Top Bottom