Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins look to trade Fitz?

Of course it all depends on what the offers are. You never just say no to trading someone in their mid-30s without hearing the offers first. For example if a team offered Miami late 2nd or early 3rd round pick you would be nuts not to take it. Of course a gm would also have to be nuts to offer you a day 2 pick for a player at the end of his career.

Absolutely not. Fitz is a perfect backup AND mentor for Tua. Also, his embracement of being the bridge to Tua goes a long ways to keeping a united locker room.

Tua will have struggles and Fitz has the cache with the players to get through growing pains together.

A number of things I don’t like about this:

1. Fitz is too valuable as Tua’s mentor. Just because Tua completed 2 passes doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be tough days ahead. Fitz, unlike selfish pricks like Brady and Favre late in there careers, seems to really embrace his role as a mentor, role model and friend. You don’t trade that away on your rookie QB.

2. Fitz may yet play again this year. What if Tua struggles? Gets hurt? Has to come out of a game for a series for concussion protocol or needs his jock adjusted? You trust Jake Ruddock to go in there?

3. See 1 and 2.

4. Believe it or not, Dalton > Fitz and Dallas would never make that trade anyway. Yeah, I know it’s fun to make fun of Andy Dalton but his arm is still attached to its socket and he’ll be “fine”. Which means Dallas can still win that woeful division with him.

5. Fitz is in the perfect spot right now, right here. These is literally no other spot in the NFL right now where he’d make sense to suit up. It is what it is - let him fulfill his utility that he signed up for. Great for the culture, great for Tua, great to have off of the bench and great for beard lovers everywhere.

A number of things I don’t like about this:

1. Fitz is too valuable as Tua’s mentor. Just because Tua completed 2 passes doesn’t mean there aren’t going to be tough days ahead. Fitz, unlike selfish pricks like Brady and Favre late in there careers, seems to really embrace his role as a mentor, role model and friend. You don’t trade that away on your rookie QB.

2. Fitz may yet play again this year. What if Tua struggles? Gets hurt? Has to come out of a game for a series for concussion protocol or needs his jock adjusted? You trust Jake Ruddock to go in there?

3. See 1 and 2.

4. Believe it or not, Dalton > Fitz and Dallas would never make that trade anyway. Yeah, I know it’s fun to make fun of Andy Dalton but his arm is still attached to its socket and he’ll be “fine”. Which means Dallas can still win that woeful division with him.

5. Fitz is in the perfect spot right now, right here. These is literally no other spot in the NFL right now where he’d make sense to suit up. It is what it is - let him fulfill his utility that he signed up for. Great for the culture, great for Tua, great to have off of the bench and great for beard lovers everywhere.
Funny thing is that it sounded like he has lots in the tank the respectful thing is to ask him what he wants

I'm equating some of these threads to people being Tua drunk. They drank Tua much and it's affecting their brains.

Funny thing is that it sounded like he has lots in the tank the respectful thing is to ask him what he wants
Yikes I don’t see it. His tank is on fumes. He gets by w veteran guile, not arm strength. A lot of throws he just can’t make anymore.

I don't think he will get traded but I also don't think he will be on the Dolphins next year. He will either retire or go to another team after this season and the Dolphins will bring in a younger backup QB.

Yikes I don’t see it. His tank is on fumes. He gets by w veteran guile, not arm strength. A lot of throws he just can’t make anymore.
He is extremely hurt and fragile give him what he wants is what you am suggesting shank

Back
Top Bottom