Should the Dolphins trade for Ryan Ramczyk? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Dolphins trade for Ryan Ramczyk?

I still would like to know (in theory) what it would take in trade to get Ramczyk in a Dolphins uniform. Seems like a no brainer, if we can make the numbers work.
The numbers are kind of the problem though... he is due 11 Million next year (which is doable), but he's a FA the following year and would likely push for at least a 4 year/60 Million dollar contract. We'd be in the same position that Tunsil placed Houston; we will have traded for a player who can now put us over the barrel to justify the fact we've traded for him.

Nice player, but the cost is higher than many would be comfortable paying.

The numbers are kind of the problem though... he is due 11 Million next year (which is doable), but he's a FA the following year and would likely push for at least a 4 year/60 Million dollar contract. We'd be in the same position that Tunsil placed Houston; we will have traded for a player who can now put us over the barrel to justify the fact we've traded for him.

Nice player, but the cost is higher than many would be comfortable paying.
If we feel this kid is good enough to solidify our offensive line, become a fixture on the right side, and protect the blindside of our franchise QB for the next 6-8 years, then I don't see why there would be any level of discomfort.

btw, yes he's a good player but we have Hunt on a rookie deal and he played well as a rookie. However,we really need help at WR and RB so maybe that's where our resources should be used.

I mean depending on the cost, he would be worth it in terms of picks given up + payday.
He is probably behind Lane Johnson for one of the best RT's in the league and still is young(27 for 2021 season).

If they want to build a solid team around Tua on his ELC, then they should be willing to spend money to protect their asset(literally).

15mil a year would be a steal for a blindside Tackle. We are going to see salaries explode in the next few years.

Maybe not your memory....I remember a line that contained Norm Evans, Bob Kuechenberg, Jim Langer, Larry Little and Wayne Moore....
I go back to LT-Jon Giesler, LG-Bob Kuechenberg, C-Dwight Stephenson, RG-Ed Newman, RT-Eric Laakso. Damn, those guys were good.

btw, yes he's a good player but we have Hunt on a rookie deal and he played well as a rookie. However,we really need help at WR and RB so maybe that's where our resources should be used.
I do not believe that Hunt played 'well'... or even at an 'average' level tho.

I go back to LT-Jon Giesler, LG-Bob Kuechenberg, C-Dwight Stephenson, RG-Ed Newman, RT-Eric Laakso. Damn, those guys were good.
Roy Foster took over for Kuechenberg when finally retired....great line too!

That’s why Kuechenberg should have made the hall of fame...he was forced to play LT one year and made the pro bowl.

I would not trade anything higher than 4th for for him. Atleast tab way if he walks in FA you get a equal comp pick back. Hate the idea of a big pick and money. Gotta be either or for me.

Robert Hunt needs to play guard. I would go for Ramzcyk, put Hunt at guard, Kindley at LG, and try to get Humphrey at Center.

Hunt actually looked like he struggled against the Raiders a bit.

I think Penei Sewell has a good chance at being there at #3, so I would pass on this.

I think Penei Sewell has a good chance at being there at #3, so I would pass on this.
Why not rather acquire Ramczyk, who IS headed for the Hall of Fame, and then possibly trade down from the #3 for ship load of picks? Maybe Sewell will be even greater than Ram but he hasn't proven anything yet; Ram has proven everything and then some, including playing every game every year, and that is greatly underrated.

The Dolphins roster isn't deep, and this team needs to move on from under-performing veterans at LG, both safety positions,slot corner,edge rusher,WR,etc.

Maybe Shaq Lawson and Ereck Flowers will turn it around next year in a big way, but if they don't, they need to be cut.

Dolphins need all the picks they can get to acquire the RB position, starting ILB,and LB depth, a legitimate safety prospect. Rowe and McCain are not even holding up as middle of the pack guys.

Why not rather acquire Ramczyk, who IS headed for the Hall of Fame, and then possibly trade down from the #3 for ship load of picks? Maybe Sewell will be even greater than Ram but he hasn't proven anything yet; Ram has proven everything and then some, including playing every game every year, and that is greatly underrated.

The Dolphins roster isn't deep, and this team needs to move on from under-performing veterans at LG, both safety positions,slot corner,edge rusher,WR,etc.

Maybe Shaq Lawson and Ereck Flowers will turn it around next year in a big way, but if they don't, they need to be cut.

Dolphins need all the picks they can get to acquire the RB position, starting ILB,and LB depth, a legitimate safety prospect. Rowe and McCain are not even holding up as middle of the pack guys.
Mr. Ramczyk is on the last year of his contract so this would be a trade for one year of his service. Plus, I feel a lot less confident in drafting outside the top ten this year due to COVID19 and players opting out of their last year and everything. Also, there's no guarantee that anyone is really willing to trade up to #3. That said, I was not denying Ramczyk's talent.

Has anyone mentioned that over the last 4-5 weeks of the season that Robert Hunt at Right Tackle actually graded out as the Dolphins' best offensive lineman? Just wondering, I mean, I know you guys are in a big hurry to drop a high draft pick and $100M on this other guy because reasons.

Has anyone mentioned that over the last 4-5 weeks of the season that Robert Hunt at Right Tackle actually graded out as the Dolphins' best offensive lineman? Just wondering, I mean, I know you guys are in a big hurry to drop a high draft pick and $100M on this other guy because reasons.
I think everyone in the world recognizes that Hunt will be a better guard than a tackle. Seeing as how Ereck Flowers is stinking it up at 10 mil a year, I think it is a foregone conclusion that his position as starting LG is in serious jeopardy. Hunt is clearly a better OG projection.

Dolphins will obviously dump Flowers in 2021 or 2022. Hunt is the future at OG.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to give up draft picks and money for a RT when we already have a young RT that we just drafted and showed promise. Ramczyk is way better I totally understand that. But why not give Hunt 1 more year and see how he develops with a full off season and then next off season if it doesn’t work out just sign Ramczyk in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom