Should The Fins Draft Maurice Clarrette? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Fins Draft Maurice Clarrette?

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
There's a good poll on Sunsentinel.com asking whether the Fins should draft Maurice IF he's still available in round 5-7. What's your take?

-I think that he was obviously good the ONE year he played. Thus, if he's available in a much later round, sure, why not. You get him cheap and he has all the potential to be great (though I kinda doubt it).

-I'm still a believer that we should draft Benson or go after RW and get QB Smith with our #2. Either way, Maurice could end up being a huge asset. Worst case scenario (and probably more realistic) he doesn't pan out and we use him only in times of great need (see Leonard Henry).

I would take a flyer on him in the 7th round if he is still there, even if we drafted another back already.. He could end up being good trade bait.

Honestly, as bad as he looked in the combine, some desperate team (Arizona) will probably scoop him up before the 5th round in my opinion. His forty times were slow, but he's got football speed, which is a big difference.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Honestly, as bad as he looked in the combine, some desperate team (Arizona) will probably scoop him up before the 5th round in my opinion. His forty times were slow, but he's got football speed, which is a big difference.

Yeah, doubt he'll be there in 5-7. Everyone knows he COULD end up being good and there's probably a few teams willing to give him a league minimum contract to see wht he does in training camp.

Hes a talented back ain't no doubt in my mind. I just don't think he is mature enough for the NFL yet, so I say no.

Anywhere after the 5th round, maybe he can pan out and overcome all this mess, most likely not but there is a chance.

If we draft a QB and dont trade Surtain for a RB I would def take Clarrett in the 3rd or 4th. Then we would be set at QB and have what could have been a first round RB. Getting Will Poole in the 4th was a steal last yr.

Pericles349 said:
There's a good poll on Sunsentinel.com asking whether the Fins should draft Maurice IF he's still available in round 5-7. What's your take?

-I think that he was obviously good the ONE year he played. Thus, if he's available in a much later round, sure, why not. You get him cheap and he has all the potential to be great (though I kinda doubt it).

-I'm still a believer that we should draft Benson or go after RW and get QB Smith with our #2. Either way, Maurice could end up being a huge asset. Worst case scenario (and probably more realistic) he doesn't pan out and we use him only in times of great need (see Leonard Henry).

if we draft brown or benson i don't want another back on the team thinking that he should start!!!!! (like in buffalo)

jreg1 said:
if we draft brown or benson i don't want another back on the team thinking that he should start!!!!! (like in buffalo)

You don't think Gordan will think he should start?? So we will already have that situation anyway

Back
Top Bottom