should wanny have gone for it??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

should wanny have gone for it???

J

jd13

i know this is a major 2nd guess but we had the ball at the colts 10 yd line and 4th and 1...fiedler could have sneaked it...wanny was thinking that mare was automatic from 28 yards but he ended up missing it...i wanted us to go for it at the time..i dont have a major problem with it.. i think im more pissed at mare...what do you guys think????

The FG attempt was the right call. If Mare makes that then there is no sweating at the end. What were the odds of Mare missing that? Probably really low.

We should have converted on third-and-one, went in for a TD, and put the game away with a 28-3 lead.

We should have done many things diff in the 2nd half...like throwing more when it was working.

I thought we should have went for it and gotten some momentum....and a TD and FG would have still ties us and they were moving the ball real well on us.

I was bummed at us not converting those 3rd and 1's more often though.

Field goal was the right call. It was just a freak of nature thing that Mare miss so close.

Guys we won, let's not analize every little thing. we have bigger and better fish to fry....just because we hate them so damn much. THE JETS!!!!

Originally posted by Phinstd
We should have done many things diff in the 2nd half...like throwing more when it was working.

I thought we should have went for it and gotten some momentum....and a TD and FG would have still ties us and they were moving the ball real well on us.

I was bummed at us not converting those 3rd and 1's more often though.

I think the opposite. The whole Colt team could have been on the feild and they wouldn't have stopped RW. Almost everytime we threw the ball in the 2nd half something bad happend(penalty, sack, int). We should have just kept giving RW the ball. You can't 2nd guess though. On that 2nd and 2 the playaction worked and Gadsen was open, but Jay just over shot it. We also made a few completions that were negated. We won and now we have to figue out how to play 4 quarters this Sunday. Beet the fing JETS!

Olindo usually blows 1 or 2 "chip shot" field goal attempts a year. Hopefully, this one his time of the year to do it. But Wanny had to kick the FG at that point. Three points clinch the game for the fish.

the offence seemed to give up on throwing the ball after fiedler overthrew for the pick...he had a good game just one mistake, but i hope they arent goin to turtle everytime fiedler throws a pick!!! GO PHINS!!!!!!!

Dixon missed a block that almost lost the game for us when fiedler recovered his fumble.

fiedler................

STAN: the thing your missing is fiedler is not good at the deep ball. this is nothing new. they "turtled" because they know jay has a problem with the deep ball.

i expected the finz to come out throwing in the second half. norv likes to suck people in with the run and dink passes to the fb and te. then boom, over the top to streaking wr. remember alvin harper?

by mid season, this is going to become a public issue. not being able to trust fiedler throwing down field is going to nueter part of norv's offense. and thats a very big part, because that is how he puts the steak in the heart of teams. this is also going to stifle chris chambers somewhat to, him being the chief target of those over the top bombs.

it won't take teams long to know that they just have to keep everyone around the line and stop those intermidiate passes to the te, and the screen and the dump off to the fb. we have been living on that. bill billichek knows this also. he will run that plan, and dare us to throw deep. others will follow.

it demoralizes a defense when you have been running on them and killing them with the short passes to the te and fb and they think they have adjusted in the second half coming out, and boom, your lighting them up with the long ball and they realize oh crap, we can't keep defenders hovering around the line of scrimage because they are able to kill us with the quick strike over the top.

fiedler has not proven he can do this consistantly and it is going to start hurting us soon.

PROSECUTE THE FLORIDA 3!!

Back
Top Bottom