Should we cut Crowder? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we cut Crowder?

This should be pretty simple. You do not get rid of a player until you have a better one to take his place.

You find talent, you develop the talent and then OMG, you keep the talent.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of Crowder, but only if we have someone better lined up. This free agent class offers very little in the way of ILB's, so we'll likely have to stay put.

Cut him now!!!!!!!!!! He should have been cut two years ago...

Get rid of him and get Nick Barnett

hopefully not, Nick Barnett was a great ILB in the 4-3 offense until he got injured, and the Packers switched to the 3-4 and he struggled mightily.

Not many people here like him, but he does a solid job at the MLB spot. The run defense definitely suffers when he isn't on the field.

Bull****! He had 39 tackles last year and 52 the year before. The guy flat out sucks. The staff just doesn't have the balls to sit him...just like they didn't when Porter was sucking eggs and everyone else could see that Wake was better than him.

Bull****! He had 39 tackles last year and 52 the year before. The guy flat out sucks. The staff just doesn't have the balls to sit him...just like they didn't when Porter was sucking eggs and everyone else could see that Wake was better than him.

They didn't start Wake because he was still learning to be a 3-4 OLB, he was much better suited as a 3rd down pass rusher in 2009. I'm not saying Channing is a stud, he has been at best average since becomming a Dolphin, but I do believe the defense works better with him in the middle and some of the best 3-4 defensive minds (Saban, Caper, Nolan) have worked with him and have decided to keep him in the middle and tend to praise him as well. That says more than stats on paper IMO.

Wow! very original... Why get rid of him, who'd you replace him with... Its not like he's making top dollars... Huge Fail IMO...

We could replace his 39 tackles from last year with a tackling dummy. The only "fail" around here is anyone defending Crowder. (Queue the "he takes up blockers and forces the plays to others" crowd...)

Crowder is trash, but I don't think you get rid of him without a replacement. Bring in a guy like Barrett Ruud, Stephen Tulloch, or Paul Posluzny and then we can discuss cutting Crowder. Personally, I'd prefer to look in the draft next year for an ILB, some pretty good ones I think.

We could replace his 39 tackles from last year with a tackling dummy. The only "fail" around here is anyone defending Crowder. (Queue the "he takes up blockers and forces the plays to others" crowd...)
The fail comment was also about the original title of this thread which implyed he'd actually been cut... And I stand corrected, you're right...Lets replace him with a tackle dummy then...

Then who do you want to replace him?

Anyone. I don't care who. Any UDFA guy out there would be better than him...that's how bad he is. I would rather have half the posters on this site than him!!

This should be pretty simple. You do not get rid of a player until you have a better one to take his place.

You find talent, you develop the talent and then OMG, you keep the talent.

But Crowder doesn't have any talent. He doesn't do anything particularly well. Crowder is a backup in this league and has been for two years.

He should be cut and find a backup job as a SAM in a 4-3.

As for his replacement, I am one of the people who believe Koa Misi could become an all pro Mike LB. If they are unwilling to move Misi inside, Stewart Bradley is going to be available at a good discount if the reports are right.

You do realize there are about 15 LB's on the open market that are far better players than Crowder.

A guy who ranks at the bottom of the league in coverage every year isn't solid, he is a liability. It isn't like he is destroying RB's with James Harrisonesque hits, is it????????

It's not like he is creating turnovers is it??

He is a very very weak link, and calling him solid is a joke. The proof is in the pudding, and the proof STINKS!!!!

Cut him!! And yes Cut Dobbins as well. There are far better LB's available.

Crowder is trash, but I don't think you get rid of him without a replacement. Bring in a guy like Barrett Ruud, Stephen Tulloch, or Paul Posluzny and then we can discuss cutting Crowder. Personally, I'd prefer to look in the draft next year for an ILB, some pretty good ones I think.

Agreed, Barrett Ruud would be a good value acquisition.

Back
Top Bottom