Should we cut Crowder? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we cut Crowder?

Even with Crowder being as shameful as he is, we had a good defense last season. Crowder is in his last year of his contract. I guess I would let him play it out because he will be wanting to look good for other teams as well, so maybe he will actually play all 16 games for once in his career. And he's a part of a good defense right now. So I'd let him play one more, but I would seriously be thinking about finding his replacement in 2012.

you gotta be kidding me..?....Crowder is the face of this defense you guys trip me out with all this crowder talk...hes STILL here for a reason...hes not great but you need guys on this team like him.. Crowder is one of those guys you just dont cut...

There are alot of guys better than crowder, fact is...they may not be the right fit for this team...but crowder is the right fit for this team/defense.

Not many people here like him, but he does a solid job at the MLB spot. The run defense definitely suffers when he isn't on the field.

I wouldnt say that in fact I think crowder is by far the weakest starting defender on the team I constantly watch him get washed on blocks and I agree he is horrible in coverage people keep saying hes alright or average?? why would you want someone who's just average he's a stop gap for now until edds gets caught up or we sign someone above average.

we're how much under the cap? numbers wise we don't have to cut anyone yet, why start with channing?

I figure that both Crowder & Carey are susceptible to upgrade. But don't see any reasonable value-candidates at the moment. Let's see who become available!!

We've got much more important holes to plug. That's the bottom line to building a good team ... NEED Upgrades!!

He is good against the run, or at least teams are afraid to run at him.

I called it !!!

Either the front office is really stupid (big possibility) or smart like Benchfiedler

HEYL YES!! Now upgrade RT Vernon Carey too!! ... Another high salary/low production guy.

Good call . . . especially if he is making 5 million this year that is the scheduled number I'm hearing. I thought it was 2.5 . . . you can get Burnett for 5 million. Hopefully that deal gets done.

There are alot of guys better than crowder, fact is...they may not be the right fit for this team...but crowder is the right fit for this team/defense.

Yea . . . cutting Crowder is the ultimate show of how the NFL is a business. Crowder LOVES the Dolphins . . . his mom ran the NFL for women group, a get together for females wanting to learn more about football . . . he is at a ton of charity events . . . tough, tough business.

I actually like Crowder. I think he is a steady presence that helps the defense congeal, even if he doesn't make many gamebreaking plays. Even so, he assists in making many gamebreaking plays happen by making the right adjustments to the D and funneling a play to Wake, etc.

Personally, I find him entertaining, and I think that is a benefit to a locker room.

You're officially wrong!!!

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Why would we cut our starting middle ILB, who makes a very reasonable 2.5 million this season and is the guy responsible for making sure our defense is in their right spots on the field? Moreover . . . who is going to replace him?

Next years ILB draft class has loads of potential . . . ride with Channing one more year . . . you have a backup for Dansby in Edds as well as a guy who can come in on 3rd downs . . . get your ILB next year . . . keep Crowder this year, you aren't going to find a better guy making his money this season.

This team is sooo bland, they get rid of Crowder they will officially be the most stale team in the league . . . Crowder atleast brings a little fun to the lockerroom . . . something this team could use.

Wrong answer!!!

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Wow! very original... Why get rid of him, who'd you replace him with... Its not like he's making top dollars... Huge Fail IMO...

Uhh...because he sucks!!!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Not many people here like him, but he does a solid job at the MLB spot. The run defense definitely suffers when he isn't on the field.

Nope...try again!!! Maybe you'll catch a clue next year....

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

get rid of him and get nick barnett

here is the right answer!!!!

Back
Top Bottom