Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we draft Zach Wilson at #3 if we could flip Tua for a mid first rounder ?

Sammy when you post and this is rare I listen. I’ll back any evaluations you give me. I want pitts @ 3 , what’s your opinion?

I love Pitts! I posted about him during the college season, and I am a huge fan. At 3 it may be a little early, but if we trade back a few spots I think he would be a great pick.

If we had the first overall pick, we would be taking Lawrence. Ijs

Its insane. It really is. He tore about one of the worst defenses ive ever seen in ucf and suddenly some think he is better than lawrence who has beaten teams loaded with nfl prospects even as a true freshman.
Lawrence’s teams also loaded with NFL prospects. You think Clemson wins if Zach Wilson is the QB instead of Lawrence? I do. Just like TB wins Super Bowl this year off they have Rogers or Russell Wilson, etc...

Lawrence’s teams also loaded with NFL prospects. You think Clemson wins if Zach Wilson is the QB instead of Lawrence? I do. Just like TB wins Super Bowl this year off they have Rogers or Russell Wilson, etc...

Probably wouldn't. Dude has the pocket presence of Tannehill and when he wasn't pressured had all day to make a play.

Watching Wilson was like watching an adult play peewee football in that trash can conference he was in and the time he even played a better than average team he lead his team to 17 points.

He aint it.

I don't know if Tua is 'The Guy' and I also don't know if Wilson is 'The Guy'.
What I do know is it takes time to see if the guy you draft is going to be your long term starter and to suggest we start over again with Wilson when we're probably just a season away from seeing if Tua is our answer just means we lost a year or more in becoming perennial playoff contenders.

I said all that to say...No to Wilson...

You mean Zach & Not Russ? /s

...OSU QBs in the NFL speaks volumes of how they’ve faired. Wilson was in a pass happy BYU Offense with zero Competition. ...

Agree. The track record of osu QB's is less than stellar.

Byu's offense wasn't as pass happy as the Lavell Edwards era. It was the competition of lack thereof that rocketed ZW into the 1st round. Byu's prepandemc schedule was intense to say the least

You mean Zach & Not Russ? /s
I did mean Zach not Russell.

While Russell has proven he is elite I wouldn't want him either due to his age and the amount of hits hes taken over his career. I really don't know how much longer he could play at such a high level, it's not like the Watson situation...

Nope...

That would basically be us starting over. We have a team ready to make a move now.

Back
Top Bottom