Should we even draft a QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we even draft a QB?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Is there any QB that we should take in this draft? Most people dont want Tannehill and Weeden so is there anyone else or should we fill other needs and worry about QB next year?

I'm happy with Tannehill or Weeden.

Alot of people I see on this site hopes for cleveland to take tannehill because they are scared we will take him. Some people dont like weedens age. I would take a shot.

We have different definitions of "a lot." Some people, indeed, want Cleveland to take Tannehill because they don't like him. Some people seem to think Brandon Weeden lives in Boca Raton, drives a Lincoln Continental and gets a discount when he goes to the movies.

Every team has it's collection of fans that hate every quarterback prospect besides the one who goes #1 overall while simultaneously looking at the quarterbacks on their own team and going, "those guys suck! We need a new QB!" It's similar to those people who won't date anyone unless they look like a supermodel and then somehow end up alone.

For my money, every quarterback after Weeden in this draft comes from the usual collection of projects, bums and weirdos. Trying to hit on one of those guys is like trying to combine sky diving with skeet shooting, with the opportunity cost of having to wait to find out if they can play like adding a kick to the balls in the deal.

The position the Dolphins are in -- having to "reach" (as that word is carelessly defined) -- is what they deserve for ignoring the position for so long. No ****ing around, no trying to get value, they just have to go for it. Take one every year in the 1st round for a decade if that's what it takes. Because no amount of roster building and talent management is going to mean dick until you get one. If anything, an improved roster just puts you farther away from the top of the draft where these guys get taken.

[h=2]Should we even draft a QB?[/h]Here is a better question.
Should we even have this conversation?

I'm onboard with Tannehill but the closer we get to this draft the more I think we're not taking him or Weeden. I think we may be gambling on taking a guy late to develop and riding with Moore next year. Philbin will say he's onboard with Ireland and what he's doing and inside he'll be thinking what the freak is wrong with this guy.

Anyway I do think some of the hype around Tannehill has died down a bit and I think Cleveland will take either Trent Richardson or Blackmon. From the interview I heard today from the Cleveland Browns beat writer they seem to back McCoy and want to get some weapons around him. The interesting thing about the conversation is that they seem to think Cleveland wants to take Blackmon (I would have thought for sure Richardson was the pick) and then with the 22nd pick take Jonathan Martin. Cleveland has 13 picks in this draft so they can move around if they want to. They also seem to be high on Kendall Wright but they don't think he'll last till pick 22.

Actually I think we should draft 2 QBs similar to what Green Bay did in their Rodgers draft with Flynn. I think the phins have just not done enough to develop their own players for a long time. Then we would keep either Moore or Gerrard based on performance. Cant say I have seen Devlin show anything good yet.

There is no way we go into camp with Moore, Garrard and Devlin and say we have addressed the QB position. Ireland HAS to draft a QB. Who will it be? My guess is Osweiler in the 2nd. Would be a waste of a pick in my opinion but may appease the fanbase some. It would be better to wait until next year's loaded QB class and have better odds of getting a guy who deserves his ranking as opposed to a guy whose stock has risen because it's a week class after the first two guys.

If they want a guy to develop, why not Lindley? He has some (a lot of) room for growth, but he's very talented. To my eyes, you really just have to work on his feet and his understanding of the game. His throwing motion looks damn good, and his arm is very strong, and he's very accurate when his feet are right.

Actually I think we should draft 2 QBs similar to what Green Bay did in their Rodgers draft with Flynn. I think the phins have just not done enough to develop their own players for a long time. Then we would keep either Moore or Gerrard based on performance. Cant say I have seen Devlin show anything good yet.
Flynn wasn't drafted with Rodgers. Flynn was drafted with Brian Brohm.

Most people dont want Tannehill and Weeden

I'd say most people want one or the other. I think you are in the minority if you dont think we should draft either of them. I think if Ireland wants to save his job, he needs to choose either Weeden or Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom