Should We Give Mare The Boot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Give Mare The Boot?

LarryFinFan said:
Are any of the top guys really worth their pay ??

Look, Mare has had two less-than-stellar years, but is still in the top 5 of all time kickers...He also is pretty good at longer kickoffs, which is a definite advantage to the STs. ...

I agree in keeping him, but he has missed some game turning field goals that could have swung Miami's way. He has a bad hamstring and has missed some games. I think he should not be over looked in training camp.

FlyFishingKing said:
I agree in keeping him, but he has missed some game turning field goals that could have swung Miami's way. He has a bad hamstring and has missed some games. I think he should not be over looked in training camp.

That's a good point...I think this year's version of TC will be a lot different and we could see some guys go that would never have happened under Dave (you're one of my favorite players) Wannstedt. Mare could be one of them, provided we have someone in camp that shows decently.

Mare is good but he isnt as good as he was when Shula and Jimmy were the coaches he was decent when Wanny was here...

Themajster said:
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but it seems after a couple years of getting worse it's time to say so long to Mare, or make him take a pay cut. If I'm not mistaken he's one of the highest paid kickers in the league. Any thoughts?

I'd love to get nugent but hes not falling past the 3rd...and we have more critical needs

HelloMotto said:
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but it seems after a couple years of getting worse it's time to say so long to Mare, or make him take a pay cut. If I'm not mistaken he's one of the highest paid kickers in the league. Any thoughts?

i think we should give you the boot. leave my man mare alone.

Very intelligent, well thought-out post. Glad to see you contributing to the boards. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom