Should We Panic? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

If you worry about stuff like this I don’t understand how you could enjoy football. I’m extremely optimistic about this team but if the season is a disaster as many predict, we get a top 3 pick in every round of the draft. That’s the beauty of the NFL as opposed to other sports.

For the first time in many years, I’m very pleased with the young talent on this team. For me that’s big.

This is the exact narrative that bothers me. We have many current and future stars on this team. If we have a great record they will start anointing some of our players to star status. It takes winning to get noticed. Last year cancelled out 2016 so this franchise and Gase are starting fresh this season. If we stay healthy we'll surprise a lot of people.

Jags fans didn’t panic did they? Eagles fans didn’t have SB aspirations. Vikings fans probably didn’t think they’d almost get to the SB with Case Keenum.

**** all those predictions.

Look at those teams linebackers and defensive tackles and then look at the ones we have going into next season. It's a STARK contrast.

Those teams have really good players. We don't.

And I'm sure you recognized it before last season, right? You also predicted 10-6 and a playoff spot in 2016, right?

The point is that the people making the predictions have little idea which teams will make a turn around from one season to the next. Sure, they can predict the Patriots and the Steelers making the playoffs, congratulations. When it comes to figuring out which teams will make the playoffs that didn't last year, they suck.

Last edited:
Multiple reports predict us as a 3 win team, bottom few in power rankings, etc, etc. Just because we did not trade up and get a QB? Or are we really bad? Will our DL play be so bad it puts pressure on our LBers? Will we not stop anyone? Will the OL wilt again?
I think I will follow the CFL. I can’t take the pressure

Did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor?

I am really, REALLY, _REALLY_ not a fan of this thread title. After having the entire last season crumple under the strain of Tannehill's non-repaired knee, this title scared me. Please do not do that again.

Agree. "Panic" is a little strong. I would prefer "be concerned." I am concerned about the 3rd LB and how long it will take the OL to gel. Panic? Nope. Even on the extremes we have people who think NONE of Miami's moves will work, or, ALL of Miami's moves will work. Most fans know that's not true. Even then, there is no "panic."
That said, the OP has some points, he just takes them too far. Many fans have varying degrees of concern about the DL, LB, OL. We can throw in Tannehill's knee or a continuation of sloppy penalties. As for 3 wins, I see 10 as more likely than 3.

Those teams have really good players. We don't.

Actually, they have a lot of players that had the potential to be good, and they came together.

I dont remember in 2017 everyone talking about all those really good players on thise teams. Any more than on ours.

Yeah..............Panic!!!!!!!!!!

We are stuck with a qb coming off surgery last year.....>And we didnt draft a replacement.

YUP....

Time to Panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom