Should we play Tua this yr???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we play Tua this yr????

39wildman

Active Roster
Reaction score
If he is healthy we should at some point during this season.. I am looking at middle of November..

If he deserves it and wins the job in camp, no reason not to play him. I think that will be a very tough challenge with all that’s going on with COVID. Although, at some point I think he needs to get game reps this year.

Barring injury to Fitz, week 12 after the bye seems ideal.

If we’re in the middle of a playoff push then he sits. If Fitz turns back into a pumpkin, then I agree that after the bye makes sense (if he’s cleared medically).

If he is healthy we should at some point during this season.. I am looking at middle of November..
Why? It would be meaningless . We have 2 very capable QB's in Fitz and Rosen. This season is about building a foundation . TUA needs to rehab that hip. Get stronger. Learn that playbook. He can practice every weekend and become hopefully our franchise QB for the next 10-15 yrs. He goes out and gets hurt it will set him back, possibly ruin his confidence and then we have issues.

Dude's been playing ball for a minute... should know how to navigate a pocket when things go south ... not a baby lol ... if he is healthy he plays at some point ... if he is who we hope/think he is then he will win the job in TC and start day 1 ...

Why? It would be meaningless

How do you know? What if he goes undefeated? ... still meaningless?

We have 2 very capable QB's in Fitz and Rosen

Capable of what? 5-11? If they were "very capable" we wouldn't need a QB at all

Coaching/playing "scared" isn't going to end well .... we didn't draft him to sit if healthy ... he plays just like the rest of the guys that are not in ideal situations ...

Is there a fan out there that would shrug it off if we were losing with Tua healthy but on the bench? Fans would want Flo's head on a stick regardless of the O-LINE .... and since this franchise hasn't solved the o-line problem in 20 years, regardless of the staff involved, what makes you or anyone feel comfortable it will happen now? Are we to sit Tua until everyone "feels" good about the o-line? that could be a minute.... let's roll

Back
Top Bottom