Should we play Tua this yr???? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we play Tua this yr????

No. Let him sit for a year and get use to the speed of the NFL. Also, let him heal real good.

If I am Flores there is one thing I need to know about Tua. That is do I have my QB of the future. It is up to Flores to decide how to determine that. I would not want to go into the 2021 season not knowing if I had my QB situation solved.

I'm of the frame of mind that you don't really know until Tua performs under real live conditions in games that matter.

Barring some catastrophic injury Tua is the QB of the future. Flores' job is to build a team around his franchise QB.

Whatever he does on the field next season isn't going to change that. I know we have the example of Rosen out there that everyone will point to as proof that you can give up on your highly drafted QB after year one but that is the extreme outlier. When Flores and Grier took Tua at 5 they gambled their careers on him. Hes going to be here a minimum 3 yrs and the fate of the franchise is now firmly on his shoulders.

Tua is our 3rd option behind Rosen. If Fitz fails or gets hurt, Rosen goes in. Crap shoot on boosting his draft capital while Fitz can teach Tua from the bench. He def starts next year.

The moment Tua has shown you he can throw the ball away when the play is ****ed, you start him... that's really the only thing he's got to learn except for the speed of the game, which you only improve at when real bullets fly anyway...

The moment Tua has shown you he can throw the ball away when the play is ****ed, you start him... that's really the only thing he's got to learn except for the speed of the game, which you only improve at when real bullets fly anyway...

Giving our OL a little time to jell is also critical
If they are not better than last year i'm fine with him holding the clip board and learning at least the first part of the season.

Giving our OL a little time to jell is also critical
If they are not better than last year i'm fine with him holding the clip board and learning at least the first part of the season.
The problem with this line of thought is, if the Fins drafted Tua 20 years ago, he'd have retired a couple of years ago without ever starting a game...

The problem with this line of thought is, if the Fins drafted Tua 20 years ago, he'd have retired a couple of years ago without ever starting a game...

They drafted 3 linemen and signed 2 vets. A effort has been made to improve and all I'm saying is no rush to throw him in.

Mahomes set his first year behind a vet. That turned out fine.

They drafted 3 linemen and signed 2 vets. A effort has been made to improve and all I'm saying is no rush to throw him in.

Mahomes set his first year behind a vet. That turned out fine.
Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith because the Chiefs won 24 games in the 2 seasons prior to drafting Mahomes. Rodgers sat behind Favre because Favre. Wilson started off the bat because he beat Flynn for the job, Manning started off the bat because he was better than the competition. There are many reasons to sit a rookie, but if your reason is one unit on your team is a hazard to other players... well its a though sell as a GM imo...

Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith because the Chiefs won 24 games in the 2 seasons prior to drafting Mahomes. Rodgers sat behind Favre because Favre. Wilson started off the bat because he beat Flynn for the job, Manning started off the bat because he was better than the competition. There are many reasons to sit a rookie, but if your reason is one unit on your team is a hazard to other players... well its a though sell as a GM imo...

Honestly the decision is in Flores hands not mine or your my friend

I'm good with that :)

If he is healthy we should at some point during this season.. I am looking at middle of November..
If we r playoff bound maybe learn a little first and heal on bench. But if he's 100%ready no chance of playoffs by people's view I would stick him on the field and let him learn together with the new players and learn with the veterans that know the team. Cause we all know Fitzpatrick has never had back to back good seasons (so he is not a promise to repeat last year. Every body talking about putting in Tuato early might be bad for his confidence. Well he's our franchise QB let him know u have confidence in him. Be Miami Dolphins r going to be a fun team to watch once they start gelling.

Back
Top Bottom