Should we retire #95? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we retire #95?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I give a resounding "Yes" to that question. The guy quietly did his thing and was good at it. A lot of what he did (like clog up the middle to allow ZT and others to make tackles) would go unnoticed by the casual fan but those of us that are die-hard fans know what his value to this organization was. If you don't, just look at the difference between the 2003 run defense and the 2004. He was a pilar for our defense for years and until last year, was very durable. Thanks for the memories Timbo!!!!! We'll miss you!

I think we should def retire his number. Timbo has always been a classy respected guy every year in the leauge.

I definitely believe he should be on the ROH for what he did for our team, but if you look at how stingy(for good or bad)we are about retiring numbers I would say it probably won't happen.

phinfan2003 said:
I give a resounding "Yes" to that question. The guy quietly did his thing and was good at it. A lot of what he did (like clog up the middle to allow ZT and others to make tackles) would go unnoticed by the casual fan but those of us that are die-hard fans know what his value to this organization was. If you don't, just look at the difference between the 2003 run defense and the 2004. He was a pilar for our defense for years and until last year, was very durable. Thanks for the memories Timbo!!!!! We'll miss you!

Good post!

Nothing but love for Timbo here, what a classy guy. It's guys like him that make it a privilidge to suit up in the Aqua and Orange. He'll go down as one of my favorite Phins of all time.

Only the numbers 12, 13 and 39 are retired.

Nick Buonacoti, Warefield, Merc Morris, Kiick, Clayton, Duper, Langer, L Little and many more aren't retired, why retire T Bows? Mabye in a few years if he proves to be the best DT in our history then we should retire #95. But not before all these ohter guys.

The man was most definately my favorite Dolphin defensive player of all-time.

Well i vote yes tim-bo has been the anchor of the miami defence for years and he was one of the best dt to play the game. we are going to miss you tim-bo hope the back gets better so you can enjoy life after football. :rawk: :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck: :drinkers: :beerbang:

phinz_54 said:
Only the numbers 12, 13 and 39 are retired.

Nick Buonacoti, Warefield, Merc Morris, Kiick, Clayton, Duper, Langer, L Little and many more aren't retired, why retire T Bows? Mabye in a few years if he proves to be the best DT in our history then we should retire #95. But not before all these ohter guys.

T Bo was a good DL...but other linemen would be as deserving.

Bill Stanfill, Baumhower, Vern den Herder and Manny Fernandez...just to mention a few. T Bo is no more deserved than these.

Retired is a big step. I would like to see something done. I might 'unofficially' retire it for a while (I think the equipment guy did this with Webb's number for several years, for example) but a nice ceremony next year would be cool.

Clayton and Duper should be the next numbers retired. They should place one on each side of Marino's #13. That would be awesome!

Not sure about retiring the number, but I do think Tim Bowens ranks as one of the best DT's in Dolphins history and the best run-stuffing DT Miami has ever had. Really, Miami's defensive resurgence (sp) began with the drafting of Bowens, a gamble that paid off big for Don Shula. He was as important to this defense as Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor and Sam Madison. A true warrior who will be missed.

Retiring a number is the ultimate honor. Having your number retired is more rare then going into the Hall of Fame. I loved Tim-Bo and he will be missed but he was'nt a Hall of Famer.

Put his name on the Ring Of Honor.

Good god no! Retiring a number is a huge honor. Bowens doesn't deserve that kind of honor

Back
Top Bottom