Should we trade for mariota? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we trade for mariota?

The OP is clearly satire, and decent satire at that.

If you have Mariota and Tannehill as your two QB’s, you are in no better situation than the Dolphins are with Fitzpatrick and Rosen. The TitanS will be looking to draft a QB in the first round of the 2020 draft.

They’ll first be looking to lock down Tanehill, presuming he’s healthy. Ryan may or may not stay with Titans, but he’s going to get a great contract for 2020. bookmark this!

I’m also the guy that told y’all in 2017 predraft that Mahomes woukd be the STEAL of the draft, no matter WHAT position he was drafted.

I'm not going to sit here and say Ryan Tannehill is a better QB than Marcus Mariota, because I don't think he is. But the difference between the two isn't that substantial and we just cut ties with Tannehill in the offseason. After a few games, he took over as the Titan's QB and looks more efficient in that offense. Mariota is also set to make a poop ton of money and really wouldn't do anything to help benefit the current state of the Dolphins. At this point, you're better off rolling with #fitzmagic or throwing Rosen once again to the wolves.

“more efficient” is the understatement of the year. That O was DEAD pre Tannehill- scoring 7 pts in 10 quarters and ranking near last in both rushing and passing.

And no, Mariota is NOT going to get a big contract- more people think he’s closer to being out of the league than big league. Nice guy, but he appears to have cratered and has a bad injury history. his accuracy was horrible.

on second thought, maybe this franchise WILL take a look....

and yes, i think most understand the OP joke, even for THIS franchise.

Last edited:
Depending how the draft falls, I hinestly would consider Mariota in free agency if the price is right and Miami doesn't have the top pick. He's still young and likely has as much of a chance of producing over the next 5 or 6 years as most of the rookie qbs will. If Miami doesn't have the top pick and you grade Mariota higher than the potential of the remaining rookie class than why not? Sometimes a fresh start in a new city can kickstart a qb, hope it works that way for Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom