Votes: 31 51.7%
  • What are you crazy

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I see your point but disagree

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • You are absolutely correct ,let's wait

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Next year is only a two person class so it is already weaker than this year and we do not know who is coming out; Fields or Lawrence could decide to stay. And if Miami wins six games they’re going to be between the 8th and 12th pick so if people are all up in arms about trading up from 5 to 3 for a quarterback I can’t imagine the discussion and the capital it would take to move from 11 or 12 up till 1 or 2.

In no way do I wait longer than pick 5 this year to draft a QB.

That aside I am real interested in what steps Ehlinger takes in his senior year. I could see a scenario where he joins Lawerence and fields in first round discussions.

In no way do I wait longer than pick 5 this year to draft a QB.

That aside I am real interested in what steps Ehlinger takes in his senior year. I could see a scenario where he joins Lawerence and fields in first round discussions.

Unless he takes him stride I think he’s unfortunately going to get tagged with the whole looks like Tebow thing and going to scare people away. I think Jamie Newman in Georgia’s system has a chance to put himself into day two discussion.

But overall next year‘s quarterback class is very weak and if either Lawrence or Fields gets hurt or decides not to come out it’s really a one person class which means someone’s going to come out who shouldn’t need another development and will get overdrafted and totally bust à la Mark Sanchez

Where's the option for if Burrow or Tua is on the board when Miami drafts then take one, If not, address the position next off season?

Optional to spend a later round pick on a QB that can be developed, just don't spend a 1st round pick on a QB other than Burrow or Tua other than Love at 26, just don't hand him the keys to the franchise like what happened with Tannehill.

IMO, this poll is too limiting on precisely how the position should be addressed.

Last edited:
No, you never wait to get a franchise QB. If you can get one now, you do it. And if you are in a position to get one next year, you do that too.

No, I think the Phins should take a QB somewhere this year. I wouldn't be upset if they refuse to reach but I'd like another guy on the roster to compete with Rosen once Fitz retires or declines.

Like I said in the other thread....

We're in a much better position to land a franchise QB this year than we are next. As it stands we have a good chance of landing Tua or Herbert if we stay at 5. If we wait until next season, chances are good we'll be picking lower than 5 as conventional wisdom says we will be better this year than we were last. If Houston doesn't bomb, we're not gonna have a top 10 pick in the first round, probably not a top 12 or 13.

When you look at the picks people have been offering in hypothetical tradeups from 5 to 1 to get Burrow (Multiple 1's and 2's), what's it going to take to move up to 1 for Lawrence if we're picking mid-round next draft and who's to guarantee that whoever is picking 1st will even be interested in trading him? We still have too many holes to trade away a slew of picks for any one player especially when we will most likely have a franchise QB there for the picking when we pick at 5 in the first.

TFK

What would be the point in waiting? You can't count on anything happening next year the way you think it will. Lawrence could break both legs and retire or both our 1st round picks could be in the high 20's.

I think this question makes the same error in judgement that the Tank 4 Tua fanatics make.

Namely that either we are one QB away from being a playoff team

OR

that college QB highlight reels indicate how they will play in the NFL.

IMHO teams should try and draft a QB in almost every draft.

Drafting success is partly a gamble, especially at QB.

I like Herbert this year and Simmonds next year, but we can almost bet that there will be GREAT QBs in the 2020 draft that weren't drafted until day 2 or later.

A lot of these are kids that are still growing.

It's like a poker game every year, it is NEVER decided or the FINAL game.

It's a part of the game. Putting so much focus on ONE SINGLE PLAYER like Tua

means that you don't know how to play the game and are guaranteed to be outplayed by other GMs

that DO KNOW how to play

5 is the absolute lowest I'd take a QB. Anything else has to be a move up.

And if it doesn't work out.... I'm moving up next year.

i have my heart set on Tua but if we got Simmons, Winfield and such, wow our defense could be sick

Drat a QB in the 6th round since we do everything like the Pats and just get lucky with it.
For real tho, you don't get too many chances at a QB this high so you take one at 5. Hoping Tua' there.

Back
Top Bottom