Should we wait until 2021 for a QB ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we wait until 2021 for a QB ?

Yes

• No

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • What are you crazy

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I see your point but disagree

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • You are absolutely correct ,let's wait

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Miami has to take a QB in this draft. As much as I'd like to see Lawrence here, we probably won't be in any position to ever get him. Hold tight at 5 and grab Tua or Herbert. Worse case...we trade up to 3 if we have to, but we absolutely need a QB in the first round. I'm glad I'm not Chris Grier. A lot of ways this draft could go.

True. Pitt did do better but they were in such a weak Division. Also, Tomlin is a better coach than O'Brien.

I have no opinion on the validity of the premise, but i assume that's what is driving the narrative today.

I get it but nobody knows because of the isolation issues we are all experiencing right now. Its suddenly become a 'Let's diss on Tua Day". Does tell me that teams or agents are putting in overtime right now.

What do we know about James Morgan from FIU? Apparently Belichick just had a video interview with him and I've heard that he could well be a Brady type sleeper. Inquiring minds want to know.

Unless he takes him stride I think he’s unfortunately going to get tagged with the whole looks like Tebow thing and going to scare people away. I think Jamie Newman in Georgia’s system has a chance to put himself into day two discussion.

But overall next year‘s quarterback class is very weak and if either Lawrence or Fields gets hurt or decides not to come out it’s really a one person class which means someone’s going to come out who shouldn’t need another development and will get overdrafted and totally bust à la Mark Sanchez
At this point last year everyone thought it was tua, Fromm and Herbert. There could definitely be somebody to step their game up like burrow.

Just noticing Tua is suddenly not a future HOF QB with the media merchants. Last day or so his support has dropped off. Did he fall off his treadmill at home whilst isolating or something?
No he is the best Qb in the draft when healthy. But he is always hurt dating back to high school odds say that wont change in the NFL

If they aren't sold on a quarterback in this draft, then wait until 2021. But, I don't feel that will be the case. There are warts for all of these quarterbacks with the possible exception of Burrow.

What it really comes down to is what traits fit your system best, what can be taught, who has the biggest upside. The answer is probably Herbert after Burrow when you account for the uncertainty of Tua's injury.

I do think more highly of Hurts than others and he could be a late 1st/early 2nd bargain. I think he has some great tools to work with, but I do prefer Herbert over Hurts. Fromm is interesting as well, but probably more of a fit for a team that plays in a dome. He could work out for New Orleans. I just don't know with Love. Physically no question, but I think he has a ways to go. Sit for at least a year, which could work for Miami.

Next year we have Houston's 1st round pick. That will surely be a top 10 or even top 5. I doubt they will win many games. They traded key players, the locker room is probably in chaos and that division got tough with the Titans and Colts. Especially the COLTS.

If Watson is healthy they'll win plenty of games. That's the way the league works right now. It is the reason I didn't waste much energy rooting against the Texans last season.

Other quarterback prospects will emerge in 2021, if a collegiate season is played. Heck, even if a season isn't played. But others have already covered the basics. Not drafting a quarterback this year would be like 5 miles away from a world famous landmark and finding every excuse in the world not to visit.

Back
Top Bottom