Should we wait until 2021 for a QB ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should we wait until 2021 for a QB ?

Yes

• No

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • What are you crazy

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I see your point but disagree

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • You are absolutely correct ,let's wait

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
Don't think we get to the first pick.Tua seems a little to risky .Herbert is a JAG and Just about everyone else appears a year away from development.

So we should get one now and if he isn't ready next year we still have several 1st round picks to find one. Repeat each year at some point in the draft until we find one, then repeat for depth at QB.

If you see this as going on forever, you've gotten my point.

Miami has the numbers in their favor at #5 this year. It's either going to be Tua or Herbert. The Redskins, Lions and Giants are all looking at other positions. Although, an argument could be made the Redskins may draft Tua. But for some crazy reason, if Miami decides to pass on a QB early, they may try to select one later in round #1? Or potentially select one In 2021? We'll find out soon enough.

I don't want them taking a QB just to take one.

I want them to find one they really like and then go aggressively after him.

It will be harder to get one next year because Miami won't have as much Draft capitol and they likely won't be drafting as high.

Don't think we get to the first pick.Tua seems a little to risky .Herbert is a JAG and Just about everyone else appears a year away from development.

Grass isnt always greener. Next years draft is always better but never really is. Injuries happen, world pandemics, you never know. We have the ammo THIS YEAR and have a top 5 pick THIS YEAR. next season we could easily win at least 7 or 8 games being picking around the 15th spot. Houston wont be picking that high either probably somewhere after #15. imagine the cost to move up from 15 to 1! especially for Trevor "made from the Greek Gods" Lawrence! And Fields could have a freak chainsaw accident and cut off his hand, you just dont know. So no, now is the time.

I don’t think we should ever draft a QB EVER AGAIN it would be more prudent to run with 35+ year olds from here on in - they are plentiful

I think I would prefer Ridder or Fields in 2021 over Herbert and Love in 2020. But to be honest I might be more willing to take my chance with Trubisky or Newton over Herbert and Love.

I keep going back and forth on this. Right now I wait until 2021 and build this team around the QB. I also hope and pray Watson wants out of Houston and would give us a look. Not out of the realm of the possibility. Plus you never know what else could happen. If Washington does take Tua I would like to see what we might could do with Jacksonville to get their first next year. That would be huge. I say wait until next year.

Next year we have Houston's 1st round pick. That will surely be a top 10 or even top 5. I doubt they will win many games. They traded key players, the locker room is probably in chaos and that division got tough with the Titans and Colts. Especially the COLTS.

Great question @allsilverdreams and I'm definitely glad you asked this BEFORE the draft, so see where people stand. Personally, I think we should draft a QB at 5. I'd have chosen Burrow if we had the top pick, but do not think its worth trading up for it. Tua's health has scared me off even at 5, so I'm not in the camp that wants to trade up for him. None of these QB's is Marino or Elway or Kelly. They're just not. I like a bunch of them though, and if they're there at the right spots, I'd pull the trigger. At 5 I'll be fine with Burrow (pipe dream despite the mediocre arm) or Herbert (he worries me with large bust potential), and I'd make the gamble at 18 for Tua. But personally, my favorite QB in this draft is Jacob Eason, and I'm pretty sure he can be had at 18, and quite possibly as low as 26. I also rate Jake Fromm higher than most on this board and think he is going to surprise some people. Love simply doesn't make enough good decisions or elevate his teammates enough for me. He's a huge gamble and I am not willing to make that gamble.

So for me, I say take the Best Player Available at each position (including the 1st round), and if the QB is there, pick him, but don't burn draft capital to get him, because these guys all have significant flaws/risks. We also have a ton of draft capital in the 2021 draft, and there are some good QB's coming out then too. By then we'll know what we have and what we need, and if we don't have a QB by then, it makes sense to push all the chips in and go get one.

So I see your viewpoint but respectfully disagree. IMHO, the ideal scenario is that we rebuild the OL this year and draft the perfect QB next year ... but if the QB is there this year, I'm pulling the trigger and selecting him.

Next year we have Houston's 1st round pick. That will surely be a top 10 or even top 5. I doubt they will win many games. They traded key players, the locker room is probably in chaos and that division got tough with the Titans and Colts. Especially the COLTS.
Yeah.......that's what ppl said about our Pittsburgh pick this year.

Pie in the sky......

Don't count your chickens......

Etc.....etc.....

Last 24hrs I'm noticing on social media Tua is dropping in his draft grading. Apparently hes suddenly made of glass. Its amusing.

Last 24hrs I'm noticing on social media Tua is dropping in his draft grading. Apparently hes suddenly made of glass. Its amusing.
Has been injured since high school

Has been injured since high school
Just noticing Tua is suddenly not a future HOF QB with the media merchants. Last day or so his support has dropped off. Did he fall off his treadmill at home whilst isolating or something?

Just noticing Tua is suddenly not a future HOF QB with the media merchants. Last day or so his support has dropped off. Did he fall off his treadmill at home whilst isolating or something?
There were a few talking heads alluding to the fact that teams wont be able to have their own medical staff examine him, and how that may affect team's willingness to spend a top pick.

I have no opinion on the validity of the premise, but i assume that's what is driving the narrative today.

Back
Top Bottom