Shoulda Neva Been...holding!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shoulda Neva Been...holding!!!!

As if they wouldn’t have completed the pass after anyway.
I'm not sure they run a pass play on third and 19 from their own 24 with the clock under 2 minutes. Luck gets pretty risky on those type of throws. Probably better off running the ball and going to OT.

Where they beat us anyway.

Yes, shoulda been, but Ryan shoulda thrown a pick six earlier that was dropped. The TD to Caroo shoulda been a pick and I think there was another pic that was dropped as well.

Yes, shoulda been, but Ryan shoulda thrown a pick six earlier that was dropped. The TD to Caroo shoulda been a pick and I think there was another pic that was dropped as well.
Those are PvP issues...

I can't think of ONE time the Dolphins got away with an OBVIOUS hold or PI.

I can’t even get mad about the holding. I was already at my boiling point that they were in that situation in the first place. The meltdown w the special teams mistake reminded me of the 2002 11 point blown lead at NE where we goofed up a pooched kickoff to set us up in basically the same spot, went three and out and punted NE into FG range right away.

Travis Minor, I think........ Still gives me a headache to think about it.

Holding in the NFL is becoming what traveling in the NBA is. It's no wonder the NFL is hemorrhaging fans and has to explore foreign markets. Now if i miss a game here or there i miss a lot of this BS.

meh don't see it. They had the better QB tonight who made the play when it was go time. Tannehill played ok but Luck is way better IMO

Opposing QB's have the benefit of going against our shitty defense.

The left guard was absolutely holding, I don’t think he knew Luck was there, but if he wasn’t holding that guy. Luck would’ve been destroyed.

The pads really need a redesign for linemen. It's way too easy to hold the armpit area while making it look like a clean block.

I was absolutely SCREAMING!!!! That was a blatant hold.
Because you knew if it was the Patriots they would have called that against the Colts!

Another HOLD was by the center when Luck stepped forward and was getting ready to launch the ball.

2 HOLDS on one play and neither was called!

BTW, Wake was also being held the entire game.

Last edited:
As if they wouldn’t have completed the pass after anyway.
They wouldn’t have went for it on 4th and 9 at that position on the field. Every rusher was held, bottom line Spence has got to go for the sack not the pass block.

It's just the NFL's way at getting back at the Dolphins for all those years that Shula's teams were the least penalized. You know, those years he was head of the Rules Committee.

It's just the NFL's way at getting back at the Dolphins for all those years that Shula's teams were the least penalized. You know, those years he was head of the Rules Committee.
I don’t buy that. Even if Shula did get preferential treatment (which I don’t buy) we are talking now many decades ago?

Whatever. I'm sure you could call holding/illegal contact/pass interference on literally every play. Thats how the Seahawks won the Super Bowl, Carroll (smartly) deduced they would only call a fraction of them even if they did it 100% of the time. Thats why there was an emphasis put on the rule the next season.

Back
Top Bottom