Shout out to some position coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shout out to some position coaches

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
Wanna give some love to the position coaches who are squeezing some juice out of this band of nobody's. Flo does a great job in getting everyone in the right position and generating a game plan. But these are some guys who are doing the daily work and I want them to see some love.

The record doesnt matter this year, most people who have a clue (imo) want to see development in players so there is a good base to build from. But, what cannot be said enough is the need for continual development of a strong roster and not relying solely on high end draft picks. We are starting to see a group of coaches that are getting the latent talent out of EVERY player so they can contribute. This is a collision sport and depth is an absolute need.

I am not discounting the first 4 games this year but with the roster turnover and lack of time together I see that as an extended or more realistic preseason. So while some may see me as having a slanted view i believe in the last 5 games are the true abilities of the coaching staff. With the development of players I think this is us as fans beginning to see the fruits of their labor.

Josh Boyer (Defensive pass game coordinator/Corner) - losing X and not having Jones and this guys has shown his metal but getting effort and consistency from the group he does have. With the game the way it is you can never have to many DB's and he is building depth I have to say it is fun to watch.

Dave DeGuglielmo (OLine) - Wow did anyone have a more turbulent time than this guy during off season?!?! Well while they aren't world beaters Fitz has pockets and our runners (when decisive) are making an impact in the running game. Hats off to you Dave you got this rag tag group of guys to look like an actual O-line.

Karl Dorrell (WR)/ George Godset (TE) - You guys have further developed talent and helped some key guys going forward grow and develop confidence. Losing guys in the process and still making guys who come in off the street work in the system. Good work guys!

Gotta say odd to write about position coaches but this is a good group who has put in serious work and has guys working hard and buying in. Not overplaying a win and a 2-7 record, but this group could have rolled over and died, imo we won theses games because of coaching. Keep it up fellas!

Good points, and Kudos to the staff.
While we weren't playing the 49ers or Pats, we planned for, and adjusted to who we had to beat.
3rd quarter yesterday had me concerned (again), but we pulled through.
Extra Kudos to the DB coaches for covering Ebron on the final 4 plays for the Colts. I believe the Colts targeted him 4 times in a row.

I like the post. These guys deserve a shout out for taking a bunch of UDFAs, CFLers, etc and making an NFL team somehow. And that’s WITH hideous quarterbacking. It’s not as though the one position that can cover up many sins is helping these guys. It’s not.

Also, I hear the “we played Gase and Hoyer”
crowd. I get that. But here’s the thing. That we are winning games or being competitive with the lack of talent we have speaks to a “system” being installed that is sustainable. Will we have more curb stomping a? Probably. But they will be far and few going forward.

It is fun to watch the development of the vision and the players along with it. Kudos.

We played good against a well coached Indy team who admittedly didn't have their QB but they had their D.

We played good against a well coached Indy team who admittedly didn't have their QB but they had their D.
Thats right, and also, we pretty much negated their running game which I was worried about.

Back
Top Bottom