Showing Jake Long some love | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Showing Jake Long some love

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
The man has taken a beating pretty much this entire season, and it was looking like he was going to get tormented after Clemmons beat him for that sack. But in that 2nd half, he was a different player. Pass Protection was top notch and he was a force in the running game. One half doesn't take away a subpar season but I thought he was one of the standout reasons for this team coming back and winning this game. I hope he can continue leading this oline into a big division matchup next week vs. the Pats.

He knows he can make some money these last 5 weeks. Keep it up, 77.

Keep thinking the team will let Jake Long walk guys, if that's what makes you happy then thats great. However back in the real world Long will be a Dolphin next season. Slow start today but stepped up and played like a pro bowler. We need more of this, he is the leader of the line, when he steps up they all will.

He could be gone next season, but either way I'm hopeful he can give this team the performance he had in the 2nd half for the rest of the season. There is no question Ryan Tannehill plays better with Jake Long playing at a top LT level, something he hasn't done this season.

I will give him some love for this week. Now if he only played like this throughout the season, he could have made a much better case for keeping him around. With that being said (and I do credit him for having a great game) one game does not erase all his horrendous play up till this game. I am hopeful that he can use this game as a catalyst for the rest of the season and rebound significantly.

Our 2 most expensive players:

Long and Dansby.

Tough to see both of them back next year.

Why would Dansby be gone? He isn't a free agent and isn't the cap hit close to 5 million dollars? And are we really opening up another hole? Plus Dansby is a solid player on this defense, even if he makes big money.

He is right under 8 million. Liability big time in pass defense. Burned many times today.
Good run stopper. Time has past him bye in my opinion.

He is right under 8 million. Liability big time in pass defense. Burned many times today.
Good run stopper. Time has past him bye in my opinion.

I have to rewatch (which I won't do) but I don't recall him being "burned many times". Certainly not enough to be called a "big time liability" in pass defense, that seems borderline incorrect. Point is, if he's making "just under" 8 million and 5 million of that becomes dead money if we cut him . . . why would we get rid of him? It doesn't make any sense at all. Plus you open up a huge hole in the middle of your defense.

I will agree to disagree.
Dansby cannot cover backs or tight ends. Reminds me of Crowder (which pains me as a Gator Alumni). If I had the time I would highlight this game.
Middle of the road linebacker. Check his stats over the past 2 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna take more than one half to good play to make up for 2 years of **** play, but at least it's a start. Too little, too late IMO; and certainly not worth tag money or top 5 LT pay.

Back
Top Bottom