Shula Like Repeat?? What do you Think? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shula Like Repeat?? What do you Think?

phinasota

Bleed Aqua
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Shula was a winner, right away going 10-4 his first year here in 1970. The year prior to Shula's entrance we went 3-10 under coach wilson. Dramatic turn around for sure. Coach Philbin went 9-7 with a rookie QB. In 2011 we went 6-10. Not as dramatic of a turn around but the way things are looking and feeling this year, I can definately see us turning the NFL upside down!!!! I dont know how the atmosphere was when shula joined cuz I wasnt alive yet but I'm sure it had to be feeling simular to now! Anyone on here that can fill us younger folk in on how the atmosphere around the team was back then???

I think we will definately unseat the Patriots this year and make playoff's not by wild card but by winning out the Div. I think we have a very solid season and build on it even more within the next couple of years. The way things are feeling around us these days it's feeling like a SB is within reach in the next couple of years! Anyone else think so? If not, why not?

I see a lot of similarities in coaching style but remember Shula had just been to the superbowl as coach of the Colts while Philbin's first NFL head coach job was last year with the Fins.

We went 7 - 9 not 9 - 7 last year but i think the fanbase is excited about the direction we are heading so the sky is the limit.
Shula won over 300 games and 2 SB's. Joe's got a LONG way to go to be in that discussion. Winning a playoff game or two would be a good start.

If anyone can turn the team around and get the most out of these players, it's Joe Philbin. I really like this guy and his style. At the same time, I can't be thinking anything that could be "Shula-esque". In all honesty, to do so wouldn't be fair to Shula or to Philbin.

I see a lot of similarities in coaching style but remember Shula had just been to the superbowl as coach of the Colts while Philbin's first NFL head coach job was last year with the Fins.

We went 7 - 9 not 9 - 7 last year but i think the fanbase is excited about the direction we are heading so the sky is the limit.
Shula won over 300 games and 2 SB's. Joe's got a LONG way to go to be in that discussion. Winning a playoff game or two would be a good start.

Oops, yes we went 7-9... my mistake. i meant to say we COULD have went 9-7 (damn Carpenter)

I don't want to dash the enthusiasm of anyone but rather than thinking too far ahead just enjoy that you have a team that is capable of competing for a postseason spot and see where it goes? why start placing crazy expectations? the chances of it happening are slim and you will likely be disappointed, just enjoy the rebuilding process and if you win a SB or SBs great but to expect more than 1 when you haven't even competed for postseason is probably unrealistic.

I don't want to dash the enthusiasm of anyone but rather than thinking too far ahead just enjoy that you have a team that is capable of competing for a postseason spot and see where it goes? why start placing crazy expectations? the chances of it happening are slim and you will likely be disappointed, just enjoy the rebuilding process and if you win a SB or SBs great but to expect more than 1 when you haven't even competed for postseason is probably unrealistic.

Yeah, I dont blame you for feeling that way with how your team is doing!!!! ahhhhh hahahaha.

Well, if you consider those two Jet Teams in 2009 and 2010 got as far as they did with that talent...why not believe there is a chance Miami could actually have a special year in 2013.

you have a team that is capable of competing for a postseason spot ... you win a SB or SBs ..... probably

i knew you'd come around :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you consider those two Jet Teams in 2009 and 2010 got as far as they did with that talent...why not believe there is a chance Miami could actually have a special year in 2013.

I won't derail the thread, my post speaks for itself. If you want to listen great, if not this will be a great thread in a couple of years like the "next dynasty" under Saban or the great Daunte Culpepper threads.

Back
Top Bottom