Shula's out whos next? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shula's out whos next?

Dolfan0025

Starter
Reaction score
Mike Shula out who will be next?

Now that Shula gone and going to Alabama,whos going to be our(Dolphins)new QB coach?WSVN channel 7 news reports the Wanner will be for a while during QB camp,but who will it be after?:confused: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Turners going to take it over. No big deal. 3 OC's already do and 4 teams don't even use a QB coach. It actually could be good as Turner is a QB maker. He can turn scrap into gold.

I think that with Griese posibly coming here it'd be better if we have a BQ coach to work with him full time so that he can get that offence down. Turner will be busy enough with everyone on offence plus the play calling. I think we need one but I don't know who at this time.

Well according to the Sun-sentinel, it looks like Turner will take over....

If they were to hire a new coach now it would be a race to see who learns the offense first. The new QB or the new QB coach.

what if shula takes collier with him like they write in the herald, than we need a runnung back coach

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Ray Lucas is available, but he'd have to learn the offense.

Excellent! LOL! I think Turner is the best alternative. As Wanny stated, you don't want Norv to have to "coach the coach" which would be the case if we brought a new guy in (unless there's a QB coach out there who knows Turner's offense).

I think Judd Garrett is a possibility, if he doesn't go with Shula, as has been rumored. Garrett has been Quality Control coach, so he knows the offensive system, and was a QB at Dallas (although not a good one - but then, usually the best coaches were marginal players).

I'm actually more worried about replacing Joel Collier if he goes to 'Bama with Shula, and that seems to be very likely. Collier and SHula are good friends and I can see Mike making Joel the OC there. It would be a tough loss to lose both your RB and QB coach. Plus, Collier has done a good job, imo, with the talent he's had.

Back
Top Bottom