Shulters or Law? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Shulters or Law?

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I just want to start a good conversation/debate. But assuming Shulters gets released and the Phins could only sign one, who would you rather sign. Shulters or Law?
I am leaning slightly towards Shulters for 2 reasons.
1. He will be cheaper.
2. IMO the hole at safety is greater than the hole at CB.
What do you guys think?

Law. Hes the better player and imo CB is a much bigger hole right now.

I think Tillman can handle FS and at worst case Daniels can always be moved there if we signed Law since Howard or Edwards could probably handle nickel but id never want either 1 starting if it can be avoided.

Law, I think we have a couple of young Safties that can develop. We have T-buck at SS which will be like having Sammy Knight there. I think between Bell and Tillman we should be okay. However, not having Poole there for possibly the whole season I would want someone to play there. Alongside Madison Law will only help out the Safties. Plus he is a ballhawk even at his age. He brings great leadership and he is a Saban type player as well. He and Madison will help our young core of DB's develop just like JT, Zach, and Seau. Not only that but it will give time for Will Poole to properly heal up so he won't hurt himself further for trying to come back sooner then he should.

I think we're a little weak on the FS spot and no proven starter there. Law would be a good sign if he's cheap. If possible both would be good pickups.

law=big play potential//yeremiah bell for free safety

Take a step back for a second:

If some of you believe that CB is a bigger hole than S, you're secondary is in trouble.

I'll tell you this, Tillman is not a good player. I watched him play for a few years, he's a backup tops.

besides, didn't Saban say Poole would have been 5th CB?

Losman7 said:

If some of you believe that CB is a bigger hole than S, you're secondary is in trouble.

I'll tell you this, Tillman is not a good player. I watched him play for a few years, he's a backup tops.

You saw Tillman a few years ago; its possible he could have improved or have been better utilized by Carolina. he didnt look bad from what I saw last season. I watched about 5 games where he started on my dish package and really i didnt see anything terrible about him. He was quite adequate imo.

Boik14 said:
You saw Tillman a few years ago; its possible he could have improved or have been better utilized by Carolina. he didnt look bad from what I saw last season. I watched about 5 games where he started on my dish package and really i didnt see anything terrible about him. He was quite adequate imo.

maybe, he's was never a standout, thats for sure.

I don't know that Law is worth it for you at this point either. Why break the bank on a questionmark? You'ed be better off letting the young guys get expieriance and go from there. Any way you slice it you don't HAVE to make the postseason this year. You want to, but Saban and Co will get some time to turn it around.

Losman7 said:
maybe, he's was never a standout, thats for sure.

I don't know that Law is worth it for you at this point either. Why break the bank on a questionmark? You'ed be better off letting the young guys get expieriance and go from there. Any way you slice it you don't HAVE to make the postseason this year. You want to, but Saban and Co will get some time to turn it around.

Great Post Losman, we ain't going to the playoffs most likely this year so why keep signing old guys.. Lets get Tillman and Daniels on the field to see what they can do..

Losman7 said:

as we all learned form kanses city and the rams having good safeties doesnt make ur secodary good its ur cb that make ur secodary good the safetys for the most part got to be able to tackle in the open field, and have jus a little ball skill and some speed the cb must have all of those categories locked thats y Law would be a better pick up then shulters imo

I would be ecstatic if we sign just ONE of them, since both would be a big boost for the secondary. But realistically, I don't see Saban willing to spend the $$$ necessary to get either of them in here. I have a feeling there's going to be too many other teams willing to overspend on these guys b/c they feel they're close to a championship (and we obviiously don't). Atlanta & NYJ are just 2.

yankeehillbilly said:
Shulters.

What sense would it make to deny an extention to Surtain only to pay around the same amount to Law.
Thats always my point. We moved Surtain because we think hes at the pinnacle of his career and freed up cap room. Ty Law is basically Surtain with a HORRIBLE knee injury. :lol:

We dont need a starting CB, we need depth. Ty Law is pretty expensive depth.

Im worried about FS. If Bell can make it the whole year healthy, he is a VERY good FS. He is the prototype player teams look for FS...... only he has a bad case of the injury bug. We dont have a backup FS.... I dont have faith in Tillman.

Back
Top Bottom