Si Analyst: Dolphins' Kenny Stills One Of Football's Most Complete Wrs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Si Analyst: Dolphins' Kenny Stills One Of Football's Most Complete Wrs

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ny-stills-one-of-footballs-most-complete-wrs/

usatsi_10425182.jpg

And Sports Illustrated’s Andy Benoit showed Stills with a little bit of love earlier this week for some of those “extra” contributions to the Dolphins. Benoit, who is a contributor for Sports Illustrated’s Monday Morning Quarterback (MMQB) section, highlighted a critical block thrown by Stills in Miami’s late season upset over the New England Patriots last season.

And while Stills hasn’t put up elite numbers, these kinds of plays — and this kind of performance — is ever consistent on Stills’ tape. So, too, is his separation ability. Stills won routes with a much greater consistency in 2018 than the stat sheet would have you believe, but protection breakdowns and poor quarterback play led to those potential targets going unnoticed.

Soft. Always has been always will be

It’s what makes him imo easily replaceable. Like I don’t think Kenny stills is a “must have”

That’s just my take on it though.

Underrated player. Much better route runner than given credit for and definitely the best one on this roster. I think he can ball out of the slot for us.
Actually I always gave him credit for his route running. When you sit in the stadium at the 50 yard line you have an excellent view of the field. His ability to cut to the inside or outside is stunning. By the time the DB recovers Stills usually has a 4 or 5 yard cushion.

I really hope our QB tandem can finally take advantage of that.

Soft. Always has been always will be

It’s what makes him imo easily replaceable. Like I don’t think Kenny stills is a “must have”

That’s just my take on it though.

Sorry hoops, but I will have to vehemently disagree with that. He has shown not only that he is our best deep threat, but a willingness to go over the middle, and to sit in the whole for the short yards. He's the most consistent, reliable receiver we've had in years. You don't become that by being soft.

Agree with Hoops he is replaceable, a good 2nd reciever that opens up the field with very good speed but gets nicked up to easily to be your number 1 reciever.

Widely varying opinions on a player?

On this forum?

Say it isn't so.....

Once again, IMO, the reality lies somewhere in the middle of extremes.

Stills is a goog #2. Very good route technition with good speed. His size limits his ability to be "aggressive" in contested situation, therefore not the dominant type you would prefer in a #1.

Replaceable, by guys of his caliber are not "easily" replaceable. His contract is in line with his ability, so there is that.

I don't recall injury being a huge issue.

Well I did say that’s just my take on it.

I don’t know where this “willingness to work the middle” stuff comes from. When I think that I think lb level and I haven’t seen it.

Last edited:
Damn near every player except for the elite are "replaceable." I've been reading that word about Stills in particular since we got him (well, since he started doing something that made people not like him, regardless of his ability. That's when it really started.), but I have yet to see how he's any more replaceable than any other good player in the league.

Like it or not, he's our best WR and it's not even close. That doesn't make him a true #1 or the greatest WR in the history of the Phins and that's not what I'm saying. Why replace him when we should be finding a good-to-great WR to put opposite to him that would take advantage of the way he opens up the defense? And hopefully a real QB. That seems to make a lot more sense than replacing our current best WR for no reason whatsoever.

Damn near every player except for the elite are "replaceable." I've been reading that word about Stills in particular since we got him (well, since he started doing something that made people not like him, regardless of his ability. That's when it really started.), but I have yet to see how he's any more replaceable than any other good player in the league.

Like it or not, he's our best WR and it's not even close. That doesn't make him a true #1 or the greatest WR in the history of the Phins and that's not what I'm saying. Why replace him when we should be finding a good-to-great WR to put opposite to him that would take advantage of the way he opens up the defense? And hopefully a real QB. That seems to make a lot more sense than replacing our current best WR for no reason whatsoever.

The fact that he is the number 1 WR just highlights how poor the group is. as you point out. Wilson could have had a great year if he stayed healthy.

He doesn’t fight much for the ball nor does he work the middle of the field that much, as pointed out, good route runner and deep threat. If he were paired with alpa one that would be nice, the same could be said of Wilson etc

The fact that he is the number 1 WR just highlights how poor the group is. as you point out. Wilson could have had a great year if he stayed healthy.

He doesn’t fight much for the ball nor does he work the middle of the field that much, as pointed out, good route runner and deep threat. If he were paired with alpa one that would be nice, the same could be said of Wilson etc

Also not sure where he got the reputation for not fighting for the ball. He absolutely does. Whether he wins or not is another thing and yes, a bigger prototypical #1 would (should) fare better in that regards. It's what we all hoped for in Parker. But he most certainly has the willingness and it has paid off big on multiple occasions. As for the middle of the field, why would I want one of the leagues best deep threats working the middle, especially with **** QB play? He does it occasionally, but I have no interest in seeing him do it more. That's not playing to his strengths.

On the right team, he's a really good fit. Like the 2016 Dolphins.

The 2019 Dolphins? I don't see the need for his salary when it can be lopped off for potential roll over cap credit?

I think he'd fit in nicely on quite a few west coast teams.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him dealt sometime in August once the flies start falling.

Back
Top Bottom