SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs

I'll go with someone who's got lots of trade value and has improved every year, since being drafted. Christian Wilkins gets traded, that's my surprise that no one saw coming. Miami pulls a New England Patriots style move, by trading away a very good player in his prime, before he hits F/A.
I would be floored if they don't pay that man, he's clearly ascending . The CW pick is one that Grier can absolutely hang his hat on, and I would bet the farm McD loves the guy. I would also imagine that each and every candidate interviewed for DC is salivating over the opportunity to get their hands on Wilkins. He's an absolute menace, great motor, he's a centerpiece of the blueprint . I would say "you don't let guys like that out of the building", but somehow , some way this team usually finds a way to fark it up. Hope they get it right this time.

I'll go with someone who's got lots of trade value and has improved every year, since being drafted. Christian Wilkins gets traded, that's my surprise that no one saw coming. Miami pulls a New England Patriots style move, by trading away a very good player in his prime, before he hits F/A.
I hope not, but I could see it.

WOW! SI is still writing some sports stuff and someone is actually reading it and even copying it Hard to believe.

The swimsuit issue has been the only thing anyone I know has mentioned in years. Fascinating that someone does not read what the main sources with NFL ties write. Oh well, to each their own. :-) :)

Last edited:
Wilkins would be surprise and gut punch. If he does get traded, I would want a 1st and more picks or stud RT and lower picks. Otherwise, he is heart of the defense and soul of the team. I still blame him for ruining Preston Williams career, but I would really like him here to harass Allen twice a year.

Remember Grier saying Deiter had teams calling to trade for him..... we didn't use him at all and now have nothing for letting him walk.

Great work Grier! Just clueless when it comes of offensive linemen, absolutely clueless.
Literally had guys coming off the practice squad playing over him. Don't even understand using a roster spot on him if he's getting passed over for street guys. If they really had the chance to trade for anything at all and Grier didn't... that's just beyond stupid.

Literally had guys coming off the practice squad playing over him. Don't even understand using a roster spot on him if he's getting passed over for street guys. If they really had the chance to trade for anything at all and Grier didn't... that's just beyond stupid.
Gesicki and Deiter had trade calls. They'd have help offset some of the lost draft picks.

Non elite pass rushing DTs donā€™t garner a kingā€™s ransom.
If our FO was willing to give Chubb $20M per year, I can only assume we will grossly over pay Wilkins. I love his passion for the game and he is a team leader, but he adds basically nothing as a pass rusher. Take a look at the stats of other ā€œDTsā€ with 16+ run stuffs (Wilkins had 16) in 2022: Daron Payne 11.5 sacks, Chris Jones 15.5 sacks and Jonathan Allen 7.5 sacks. Wilkins had 3.5 sacks and has 11.5 total in his first 4 seasons. It will be critical for our staff to not f*** up his contract extension.

Grier said that people were calling for Dieter. I kind of doubt the validity of that. It's something that he would want out there in a hope that someone really would call. I'm sure Bellichick was burning up our phone lines trying to finagle us out of our prized 3rd string center, Dieter the great! Don't believe most of what you hear from NFL GMs. They all have major agendas like saving their jobs!!

WOW! SI is still writing some sports stuff and someone is actually reading it and even copying it Hard to believe.

The swimsuit issue has been the only thing anyone I know has mentioned in years. Fascinating that someone does not read what the main sources with NFL ties write. Oh well, to each their own. :-) :)
I'm still waiting on my football phone dangit!

Remember Grier saying Deiter had teams calling to trade for him..... we didn't use him at all and now have nothing for letting him walk.

Great work Grier! Just clueless when it comes of offensive linemen, absolutely clueless.

And you know Mcd didn't ask to keep him how?

I can understand why Miami didnā€™t move Deiter in off-season/pre-season; they didnā€™t know if Williams would succeed or get injured at C and wanted an experienced back-up who could also contribute on special teams. McDaniel has stated in past he prefers to make one OL move vs multiple in case they lose a starter.

I really hope Fejedelem is gone. I understand having core special teamers, but not paying someone 3 million per year who literally can't play offense or defense, and isn't one of the 3 core special teams positions. They put Gaskin in the same bucket as having a moderate chance to return, 0% chance he will be back. If they wanted him, he'd have actually taken snaps this year.
You know how coaches like their 2nd string to be able to play special teams? Well, how about special teamers that absolutely **** the bed with the play off/def? That's Fejedelem.

Back
Top Bottom