SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs

I'll go with someone who's got lots of trade value and has improved every year, since being drafted. Christian Wilkins gets traded, that's my surprise that no one saw coming. Miami pulls a New England Patriots style move, by trading away a very good player in his prime, before he hits F/A.
I sure hope they don't do this. Players like Christian Wilkins don't come around often. You DO NOT let a player like this walk.

The guys I wouldn't bring back are

Cracraft - I can find someone else to fill that role

Riley - He was very lost on defense and we need better from our depth

Fejedelem - he has been a nonfactor on D and ST. Not worth the price tag

Gaskin - I thought he would be a good back for this offense but I guess not. Being inactive all year may lead him to not wanting to be back.

Lamm - He can come back and compete but we would be ok looking elsewhere

Zimmer - Not important in keeping. Take a look around

Gesicki - Does not fit this offense. Can't justify top TE money when you can't provide in the running game.

Bridgewater - you just expect much more from a backup qb who has to play. The two biggest games of the year the staff felt more comfortable with a 7th Round rookie running the offense

Everyone else on the notblijely list.

I agree he's useless in coverage but on run downs I think he's getting better (maybe healthier), and like the previous poster said, he seems to be the leader of that defense. In any case, the new DC will let us know what he thinks eventually

Isn't he a D captain?

The guys I wouldn't bring back are

Cracraft - I can find someone else to fill that role- Bring in to compete

Riley - He was very lost on defense and we need better from our depth- Agree

Fejedelem - he has been a nonfactor on D and ST. Not worth the price tag- Agree

Gaskin - I thought he would be a good back for this offense but I guess not. Being inactive all year may lead him to not wanting to be back.-Agree

Lamm - He can come back and compete but we would be ok looking elsewhere- Need players like him and Cotton to comeback and compete as the cap has going to limit us as far as big signings go.

Zimmer - Not important in keeping. Take a look around-Could be brought back to compete as Jenkins could be gone in the middle as well as a role player and depth.

Gesicki - Does not fit this offense. Can't justify top TE money when you can't provide in the running game.-Agree

Bridgewater - you just expect much more from a backup qb who has to play. The two biggest games of the year the staff felt more comfortable with a 7th Round rookie running the offense-Agree

Everyone else on the notblijely list.-I think this will be a bigger year for developing younger players with opportunities and undrafted gems like Kader will need to be found as well. :ffic:
See above comments in your post brother. Have a great day! :ffic:

We don't know who will be our Defensive Coordinator will be and therefore don't know the defensive system that we run. However, the SI writer has determined who will stay and who will go and a resident FH turkey has determined that one of our best players, Christian Wilkins will be traded. Maybe some of this speculation is premature.

The SI writer is like those of us in FH - he has an opinion. I have 2-3 I'd like to see cut either because their price is too high for production (MG) or talent isn't worthy of a spot. That said, I'm torn on a number of them. I'd like to see quite a few stick around until a better player is found, but, I understand the later they're cut, the less likely they are to find a home.
I think you're right - the new DC will have to decide who fits and who doesn't. No, wait, the HC/DC/OC don't make those decisions. Grier sits in his closet and decides without input.;)

The SI writer is like those of us in FH - he has an opinion. I have 2-3 I'd like to see cut either because their price is too high for production (MG) or talent isn't worthy of a spot. That said, I'm torn on a number of them. I'd like to see quite a few stick around until a better player is found, but, I understand the later they're cut, the less likely they are to find a home.
I think you're right - the new DC will have to decide who fits and who doesn't. No, wait, the HC/DC/OC don't make those decisions. Grier sits in his closet and decides without input.;)
I know Gesicki is free but damn man I wish we could've at least gotten a coke and a smile for him instead of zip....maybe something can be done still? Damn....

I really hope Fejedelem is gone. I understand having core special teamers, but not paying someone 3 million per year who literally can't play offense or defense, and isn't one of the 3 core special teams positions. They put Gaskin in the same bucket as having a moderate chance to return, 0% chance he will be back. If they wanted him, he'd have actually taken snaps this year.
Dude is worthless. is he really that great on ST even too?

I'll go with someone who's got lots of trade value and has improved every year, since being drafted. Christian Wilkins gets traded, that's my surprise that no one saw coming. Miami pulls a New England Patriots style move, by trading away a very good player in his prime, before he hits F/A.

No way, this defense would of been historically bad without him. Aside from Aaron Donald, I don’t remember too many other dts having anywhere near his impact as he did this year. He got snubbed hard from being all pro

Back
Top Bottom