SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Article - Early Forecast For Dolphins UFAs

That’s a terrible article. No one read it.

Unless you love useless information. Anyone who just read that article and actually learned something should turn in their Dolphins badge.

I'll go with someone who's got lots of trade value and has improved every year, since being drafted. Christian Wilkins gets traded, that's my surprise that no one saw coming. Miami pulls a New England Patriots style move, by trading away a very good player in his prime, before he hits F/A.
I'm going to go with a similar player... Sieler.

Long term, I don't think we can afford him, and he might generate a mid-round pick.

Id like to see Elandon Roberts return if not wanting crazy money, I suspect other teams will be sniffing though. The guy looked good this year and made alot of plays. Watching his mic'd up shows leadership as well....

100% agree on Roberts, a big reason why we were so stout on RB's this year

100% agree on Roberts, a big reason why we were so stout on RB's this year
I'm torn on Roberts. He's useless on any down that isn't a run down, so he fits as a starter, but not really as a reserve. You want your reserves to be quicker guys who can run and chase on any down, limber enough to play on specials-- and that isn't Elandon.

I think we're best to let him walk, and bring in a more modern LB. Given a choice between Elandon and Riley, I'm going to take Riley every time.

I'm torn on Roberts. He's useless on any down that isn't a run down, so he fits as a starter, but not really as a reserve. You want your reserves to be quicker guys who can run and chase on any down, limber enough to play on specials-- and that isn't Elandon.

I think we're best to let him walk, and bring in a more modern LB. Given a choice between Elandon and Riley, I'm going to take Riley every time.
I agree he's useless in coverage but on run downs I think he's getting better (maybe healthier), and like the previous poster said, he seems to be the leader of that defense. In any case, the new DC will let us know what he thinks eventually

Lots of D players. Really points out how crucial it is to get Fangio in here to start making a plan and evaluating individual player's tape. Need to figure out who we want to retain and who to cut and more importantly, how to improve in FA. Plus Senior bowl and combine coming soon.
Hopefully it‘s Fangio but if not, getting their next DC hired is important so they can make decisions concerning the FA Dolphins they want to resign. Also having the next DC‘s input in bringing in free agent defensive players and draftee’s for his system is certainly a priority.

The sooner they can hire their next DC, the better.

only 2 or 3 players I care about bringing back from that list. AVG and Jenkins on defense....Needham depending on price.
Mostert on offense as we have no RB's under contract for 2023

We don't know who will be our Defensive Coordinator will be and therefore don't know the defensive system that we run. However, the SI writer has determined who will stay and who will go and a resident FH turkey has determined that one of our best players, Christian Wilkins will be traded. Maybe some of this speculation is premature.

Remember Grier saying Deiter had teams calling to trade for him..... we didn't use him at all and now have nothing for letting him walk.

Great work Grier! Just clueless when it comes of offensive linemen, absolutely clueless.
trade him for what??? Best bet was a used enema bag + some Peruvian pebbles and Sonoma sand.

We don't know who will be our Defensive Coordinator will be and therefore don't know the defensive system that we run. However, the SI writer has determined who will stay and who will go and a resident FH turkey has determined that one of our best players, Christian Wilkins will be traded. Maybe some of this speculation is premature.
Turkey? I just answered the posters hyperthetical question.

Back
Top Bottom