SI: Go Broke for Bush | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI: Go Broke for Bush

tylerdolphin

More Smug than Birthday Dog
Club Member
Reaction score
This is the year some team should do "the Ditka Trade." Give it all away. Bundle all your picks -- for a running back. For Reggie Bush.First, the Texans should be open to trading their first overall pick, because they don't need Bush. Running back isn't their problem. Almost everything else is. They could use a boatload of picks and should be more than receptive to a properly outrageous offer.

The problem for the Colts is they have the 30th pick. All their picks together might not be enough to entice Houston to give up the top spot. The Colts might have to throw in a player or two, or perhaps a couple of 2007 picks. They should do it. This is what the team needs. This is how the Colts get to the Super Bowl. Do the Ditka Trade. This is an outrageous deal people will remember the good way.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/bill_syken/04/13/scorecard.daily/index.html

Just when I thought I had read it all :rolleyes:
Why do people get paid to write something like that?

Depending on the team I would go all in for Bush. Hypothetically if Indy did a trade like that which I don't think is even possible unless they basically gave up all of this years and next he is a 1000 yd runner and 1000 yd reciever. I think he's a special player and would be worth trading everything for depending on the team.

djfresh47 said:
Depending on the team I would go all in for Bush. Hypothetically if Indy did a trade like that which I don't think is even possible unless they basically gave up all of this years and next he is a 1000 yd runner and 1000 yd reciever. I think he's a special player and would be worth trading everything for depending on the team.
But theres more to it than just losing the talent from the other draft picks. You would also be losing out on cheap players. If you trade all of this years draft plus your 1st, 2nd and 6th in next years draft you lose out on cheap player and have to sign vets at higher costs. Plus who knows how many great players you missed out on.
Its insanity to trade your entire draft plus more for anyone, much less an unproven rookie RB.

Back
Top Bottom