---- SI NFL Preview: Fins 8-8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---- SI NFL Preview: Fins 8-8

How many Dolphins wins for 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before I took a dump earlier today, I asked myself what the Phins record will be. After I finished, the turds lined up in the toilet and they said 7-9.

So there's my prediction

:rolleyes2:

That's pretty distubring..

the record i mean.

I like to be the underdog, it put a chip on our shoulder without a doubt, so I'd like to thank to the media and I encourage them to keep the mouth open motivating our kids. All of them!!!!

8-8 is reasonable. I don't know if the Pats will go 13-3, though. They lost their three leaders on defense in Vrabel, Bruschi, and Harrison. Their secondary is still suspect, as well. Our defense honestly looks better at this point.

Man I remember that SI article in 2006 about Miami going to the Superbowl...God that season was a heart breaker.

8-8 i think with our schedule isnt unreasonable, however i think that much of this is based on what we've shown in the preseason which honestly, is only a sliver of our actual playbook. 13-3 for the pats is completely ridiculous. No one knows how Tom Brady is going to come back from that surgery, especially with question marks on the O-line and all it takes is one hit to Brady or some swelling in his knee and Brooks Bollinger is their starting QB...and without a consistent running game that would mean a HUGE issue for the Patsies. Basically, i think anything more than 11-5 for the Patriots is generous at this point, they have more questions than answers.

10 wins. We have a solid DL and OL. Thats where games are won. We have character. We have depth. We have grown into a team and all the talk will subside and reality will take over. This coaching staff has alot of good stuff comin people. I can feel it.

But we must beat Indy, which I think we will cus we have always made mannings day miserable whether he wins or loses and our pass rush is killer. We must also beat Houston and SD if we are to get to the playoffs at 10 wins. And I also think the Jets will be in the hunt and will beat the Pats. Brady is going to get his *** whooped this year!

The sports books I go thru, have MIA at 8-8, 9-7. Those are lines that are well researched and thought out. I have said many times, that MIA will be a better team, while taking a step back in the win/loss column.
As for the 'homerism' for NE, until MIA can win a SB or SB's and put up a 11-5 season w/ a backup qb, MIA will have to earn the spotlight.

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my predictions: 10-6

@ ATL - L (Close game but we lose it in the 4th quarter)
Indy - W (Manning melts in the S FL humidity, even at night)
@ SD - L (Chargers will be tough to beat at home)
Bills - W (TO blames loss on QB)
Jets - W (Monday night stomping, no comeback this time)
'aints - L (Brees picks us to shreds in our own house)
@ Jets -W (Much closer game due to Sanchez being replaced at QB)
@ Pats -L (Brady stages a last second comeback on a long PI call)
Bucs - W (With Caddy hurt again Fins win easily)
@ Car - W (Carolina struggles this year, Fins win a close one)
@ Buff - W (Edwards is replaced due to TO whinning, still no help)
Pats - W (Close one, but Fins win, Brady carted off the field in 3rdQ)
@ Jax - W (Fins roll Jax easily)
@ Titans-L (Loss ends Fins 5 game streak)
Texans - W (Fins FINALLY beat Texans, Clinch division)
Pitt - L (Steelers need this win more than Fins (Surprise!))

New England: 8-8

Buff - L (Monday night shocker! TO tears NE secondary to shreds)
@ Jets - W (Sorry Jets, NE takes its revenge out on you)
Atlanta - W (Brady dismantles Falcon secondary)
Ravens - L (Brady injured and sits out 3 series, he returns late, but to no avail)
@ Denver - W (Another big game for Brady against hapless Bronco D)
Titans - L (Third home loss has fans concerned)
@ Bucs - W (Bucs struggle mightily)
Fins - W (Pats win on last second come back, long PI call)
@ Indy - L (Manning throws for 400+ yards)
Jets - W (Sanchez out, Jets in turmoil)
@ 'aints -L (Brees looks unstoppable)
@ Fins - L (Close game, loss puts Pats 2 games back, Brady out for rest of regular season)
Carolina - L (Andrew Walter struggles)
@ Bills - W (Ugly game, snow game, Pats win a close one)
Jax - W (Easy win)
@ Texans - L (Texans fighting for a playoff spot, winner goes, loser stays home)

Jets: 7-9

@ Texans - W (Sanchez looks good, Jets fans get ****y)
Pats - L (Jets get stomped by Tom Brady)
Titans - L (Titans D too much for them)
@ 'aints - W (Turn overs win the game for Jets)
@ Fins - L (Stomped on MNF)
Bills - W (Jets D shuts down TO)
@ Raiders- L (Asomugha picks 4 against Sanchez)
Fins - L (Sanchez replaced, close game)
Jags - W (Del Rio on the hot seat, Jags falling apart)
@ Pats - L (Jets offense struggles)
Carolina - L (close game but panthers find a way to win)
@ Bills - L (Buffalo sees flashes from their back up QB this season)
@ Bucs - W (Bucs are in bad shape)
Atlanta - W (Snow game, icing keeps birds on the ground)
@ Indy - L (Manning dashes their hopes of a .500 season)
Bengals - W (Sanchez returns for last game, looks better)

Bills: 7-9

@ Pats - W (Monday night shocker, Bills fans tear down goal posts)
Bucs - W (TO looks unstoppable)
'Aints - W (D smothers saints, TO has another big game)
@ Fins - L (Hot day, Bills big uglys falter in heat and Edwards is harassed all day)
Browns - W (Bills recover at home)
@ Jets - L (Jets D controls the game)
@ Carolina- L (Close game, but Carolina wins at home)
Texans - W (TO has a good game against a weak secondary)
@ Titans - L (Titans D dominates)
@ Jax - L (Jax pulls the upset, TO unhappy)
Fins - L (Bills look to Gibran Hamdan at QB, No help)
Jets - W (Hamdan shows flashes against jets, TO happy-ish)
@ Chiefs - W (7-6 record has Bills fans thinking Playoffs)
Pats - L (Snow game, Pats pull off the win despite having a backup QB in)
@ Atlanta - L (Falcons recover from last week and thrash Bills)
Indy - L (TO says if Peyton Manning was QB of the Bills they would win SB)

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it:)

8-8 i think with our schedule isnt unreasonable, however i think that much of this is based on what we've shown in the preseason which honestly, is only a sliver of our actual playbook. 13-3 for the pats is completely ridiculous. No one knows how Tom Brady is going to come back from that surgery, especially with question marks on the O-line and all it takes is one hit to Brady or some swelling in his knee and Brooks Bollinger is their starting QB...and without a consistent running game that would mean a HUGE issue for the Patsies. Basically, i think anything more than 11-5 for the Patriots is generous at this point, they have more questions than answers.

i love the phins to death, and i hope they do better than everyone says, but 8-8 is a reality that im going to have to face....i hope i am wrong, but well see

on the other hand with the patriots, they are going to run through the league...they have no running back, big deal....brady did it all those years without a running back like antoine smith, corey dillon, heath evans, laurence maroney, and a few other scrubs along the way...i believe fred taylor still has plenty of gas left in the tank and hell do just fine...defenses are going to be busy watching moss to brady while taylor will be running it down defenses throats...it hurts me to say it, but i believe new england is going to win it all...and as i said earlier, i hope i am wrong

As for the 'homerism' for NE, until MIA can win a SB or SB's and put up a 11-5 season w/ a backup qb, MIA will have to earn the spotlight.

We won already back to back Superbowls, we even went undefeated with a back up QB.

Or are you saying that is in the past? Kinda like the Patriots accomplishments, in the past...

We won already back to back Superbowls, we even went undefeated with a back up QB.

Or are you saying that is in the past? Kinda like the Patriots accomplishments, in the past...

please get rid of the homerism...we are in the year 2009...which season is more fresh with players STILL on that team, the 07 pats or 72 phins...come on now, use some common sense

Ok, let me qualify my statement....sometimes since the merger of the NFL. Or sometime in the last 3 decades. Or sometime since I was born. Or sometime since I've started watching football. Or sometime since....you get the point.

Griese and company are in the TV booth. Brady is still leading his team. Guess common sense w/ some here needs to be explained in LONG FORM.

Wow, big surprise. The cheatass pats win it all and we're 500. Big risk taker is this guy...

please get rid of the homerism...we are in the year 2009...which season is more fresh with players STILL on that team, the 07 pats or 72 phins...come on now, use some common sense

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a Dolphins message board.

If we can't be homers here, where else can we be homers?

I'm just saying that the Patriots seem to get their ***** kissed more than any other team in the league, and as far as mass media sports is concerned, the Pats **** doesnt stink.

The Patriots have issues too. Although their O-line is intact, Brady is apparently able to walk on water, and Moss and Welker are the best combo since Reeces peanutbutter cups, the Patriots have no running game to speak of, a weak LB corp and a geriatric secondary. Not to mention they have lost most of their coaching staff and FO.

But apparently no one is willing to critisize the NFL's favorite team.

Yes, the Patriots could very well go 15-1, I wouldnt be surprised at all. But where is the fun in that? Agreeing with everything ESPN (or SI)shoves down our throats?

I think they equally have a chance at going 8-8. It's not like they have an easy schedule this year either....

And yea DolfanDuBbZ~, sorry, I didnt mean to sound like a douche, I just hate pretty much everything about that team, including admitting they are better than us.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a Dolphins message board.

If we can't be homers here, where else can we be homers?

I'm just saying that the Patriots seem to get their ***** kissed more than any other team in the league, and as far as mass media sports is concerned, the Pats **** doesnt stink.

The Patriots have issues too. Although their O-line is intact, Brady is apparently able to walk on water, and Moss and Welker are the best combo since Reeces peanutbutter cups, the Patriots have no running game to speak of, a weak LB corp and a geriatric secondary. Not to mention they have lost most of their coaching staff and FO.

But apparently no one is willing to critisize the NFL's favorite team.

Yes, the Patriots could very well go 15-1, I wouldnt be surprised at all. But where is the fun in that? Agreeing with everything ESPN (or SI)shoves down our throats?

I think they equally have a chance at going 8-8. It's not like they have an easy schedule this year either....

And yea DolfanDuBbZ~, sorry, I didnt mean to sound like a douche, I just hate pretty much everything about that team, including admitting they are better than us.

No Problem man.

Back
Top Bottom