---- SI NFL Preview: Fins 8-8 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---- SI NFL Preview: Fins 8-8

How many Dolphins wins for 2009?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a Dolphins message board.

If we can't be homers here, where else can we be homers?

I'm just saying that the Patriots seem to get their ***** kissed more than any other team in the league, and as far as mass media sports is concerned, the Pats **** doesnt stink.

The Patriots have issues too. Although their O-line is intact, Brady is apparently able to walk on water, and Moss and Welker are the best combo since Reeces peanutbutter cups, the Patriots have no running game to speak of, a weak LB corp and a geriatric secondary. Not to mention they have lost most of their coaching staff and FO.

But apparently no one is willing to critisize the NFL's favorite team.

Yes, the Patriots could very well go 15-1, I wouldnt be surprised at all. But where is the fun in that? Agreeing with everything ESPN (or SI)shoves down our throats?

I think they equally have a chance at going 8-8. It's not like they have an easy schedule this year either....

And yea DolfanDuBbZ~, sorry, I didnt mean to sound like a douche, I just hate pretty much everything about that team, including admitting they are better than us.

i see, you hate admitting that they are better than us...i hate to also, but it is sort of true...tom brady is a b****, but some of the teams hes had around him were horrible and he still won three titles...that i can not take away from him

Dunno about yall but year after year I predict 20-0 (All the starters make the pro bowl and we embarrass the NFC). Kidding, ofcourse. That's impossible.

Prediction: Undefeated. (What? We've done it before!)

Seriously, what fan doesn't go into every game not expecting to win? When you zoom out and consider the entire season, its understandable. But any of you mean to tell me that you tune in on Sundays merely hoping to win? I'm as down to earth as it gets and if we'd play the 18-1 Pats 19 times I'd expect to go 19-0 one game at a time.

I expect to win on Sundays. I demand it. Its the reason I'll croak of high blood pressure way before the humdrum fan.

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my predictions: 10-6

@ ATL - L (Close game but we lose it in the 4th quarter)
Indy - W (Manning melts in the S FL humidity, even at night)
@ SD - L (Chargers will be tough to beat at home)
Bills - W (TO blames loss on QB)
Jets - W (Monday night stomping, no comeback this time)
'aints - L (Brees picks us to shreds in our own house)
@ Jets -W (Much closer game due to Sanchez being replaced at QB)
@ Pats -L (Brady stages a last second comeback on a long PI call)
Bucs - W (With Caddy hurt again Fins win easily)
@ Car - W (Carolina struggles this year, Fins win a close one)
@ Buff - W (Edwards is replaced due to TO whinning, still no help)
Pats - W (Close one, but Fins win, Brady carted off the field in 3rdQ)
@ Jax - W (Fins roll Jax easily)
@ Titans-L (Loss ends Fins 5 game streak)
Texans - W (Fins FINALLY beat Texans, Clinch division)
Pitt - L (Steelers need this win more than Fins (Surprise!))

I commend your time and effort in trying to predict Miami's record game-by-game, but it's tough to say a definitive "W" or "L" for any upcoming game. The NFL season is a mystery and a roller coaster, you enter it without a clue about the twists and turns it will take you on.

I say we wait until after Week 3 before we make a legitimate claim about Miami's chances. Even then it may be too early to call, since the Fins were 1-2 after Week 3 in 2008.

One prediction I will make is that Miami will win it's season opener for the first time in :: looks up stats :: ...a while. I think Matt Ryan is a great QB, but Miami's D can put him in a lot of pressure. Not to mention, ATL doesn't have a top tier defense to lock down Miami.

Can we stop saying New England's run game is terrible? That's just not true. They were top 10 in rushing last year with Benjarvis Green-Ellis, Sammy Morris, and Lawrence MaBLOWNey running the ball. They added another decent back in Fred Taylor and still have one of the best passing attacks in the league. It's idiotic to just baselessly say that after only improving their offense this offseason that they've magically become this joke of a running game.

I commend your time and effort in trying to predict Miami's record game-by-game, but it's tough to say a definitive "W" or "L" for any upcoming game. The NFL season is a mystery and a roller coaster, you enter it without a clue about the twists and turns it will take you on. .

But...Do you know how many chickens I had to kill to get those predictions?! :lol:

I have been saying this over and over and over though the pre-season. The Pats have trouble on Defense and it will be exposed down the stretch.

Still a great Offense but an average D at best doesn’t get you 13-3. It will be tight this year again.

And they have nearly the same schedule as the Phins. Strength of schedule doesn't even come into play when discussing the Pats.

And they have nearly the same schedule as the Phins. Strength of schedule doesn't even come into play when discussing the Pats.

i don't really care much about predictions, but i find it funny that some pundits knock us down because of our "hard schedule" and then turn around and say the Ravens will win the AFC North. aren't the Patriots playing the Ravens, not us? something has to give here

Back
Top Bottom