SI Sources: Power 5 Conferences Moving Towards Cancelling Fall Sports in 2020 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI Sources: Power 5 Conferences Moving Towards Cancelling Fall Sports in 2020

Spring football is a non-starter as far as I'm concerned. You can't ask these kids to play two football schedules in one calendar year. That's absurd.

Football and Covid-19 doesn't mesh well at all. From the amount of people affiliated with each team, to the close contact nature of the sport, to the higher weight of football players, in comparison to other sports, and are more likely to have underlying conditions that Covid-19 exposes. Also the time of year in which the sport is played, colder weather and other viruses starting up and being in the mix.

High school and College football is life for many towns in the South, so I know how vital it is that they have a season. I don't envy anybody involved in the decision making process. I don't think it's an outrageous claim to say that no football in 2020 could do a lot more harm mentally and economically to some of these places than Covid-19 could, but I also believe that knowingly spreading this virus and increasing the chances that others can contract it (which is inevitable if you play football in a non bubble environment), especially others that have taken the precautions to heart, is just the most heartless thing anybody can do.

Imagine if you will...

A college president actually thinking about how the science of Covid infections can affect student-athletes as opposed to the $57 million that a program like Ohio State generated last year.

The shame of them....

Back
Top Bottom