---- SI Team of Decade: Fins #17 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

---- SI Team of Decade: Fins #17

HAHAHA!! That he did, that he did. However, he does have a little credibility. All I'm saying is that Trent Green and a different HC instead of Jay Fiedler/Wanny would've won a Super Bowl with that personnel. Miami had the leading rusher in the NFL and the Sack leader and did not make the playoffs under that mo-mo.

That sack leader was a major reason why your D's never showed in big games b/c he didn't. This man has zero career playoff sacks and had zero in that NE game in 2002.

There are more variables involved than time of posession. The Dolphins ground game was over-utilized so they would have the ball for more time. But when you fumble and/or throw a pick at your own 20 yd line constantly, teams are going to score on you and score quick.

Yup, and let's also not forget that Miami plays home games in a giant frying pan.

Did the '72 and '73 dolphins play in the heat?

we all know global warming makes it warmer now than than!

also, if you remember, they had a pool beside the field back then!

Stay focused Junc, please.

Did the '72 and '73 dolphins play in the heat?

Again, I never said they were as good, or better than those teams. Our offense was attrocious in this years. They won and lost several field goal fests because TD's were nowhere to be found. They may not have been the best, but certainly good enough to win a SB.

Again, I never said they were as good, or better than those teams. Our offense was attrocious in this years. They won and lost several field goal fests because TD's were nowhere to be found. They may not have been the best, but certainly good enough to win a SB.

Your offense wasn't great but it wasn't atrocious, it was middle of the pack.

We started off alright, with 11 wins in 2 straight years, then the 9 win choke, as well ast the 10 win choke, and then just kind of fell off from there.

Maybe we can close the decade with a bang.

exactly right cedar,

What Miami fans are overlooking two things .

one, we have been a team that has been average at best and that is why we have a horible playoff record. Its not our defense that caused our downfall, but our offense and the lack of talent that is why we have been God awefull in the playoffs.

until miami learns to pass the ball miami wont win any playoff games because teams will stuff our running game.

Your offense wasn't great but it wasn't atrocious, it was middle of the pack.

We just cant win with you Junc. When we're self-deprecating about our teams offense, you say we weren't that bad. When we laud our team for having a great defense you say we weren't that good. :confused::confused: Don't you have some Jills or Cheatriots fans you can torture?

It's not torture, but the guy is a Jet fan so he'd never admit Miami could've won a championship with a few different pieces.

It's not torture, but the guy is a Jet fan so he'd never admit Miami could've won a championship with a few different pieces.

Of course I could but you were mroe than a few pieces away, your D's were vastly overrated. they couldn't play in big games.

We just cant win with you Junc. When we're self-deprecating about our teams offense, you say we weren't that bad. When we laud our team for having a great defense you say we weren't that good. :confused::confused: Don't you have some Jills or Cheatriots fans you can torture?

I'm honest, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just give my honest opinions. those D's were overrated and while the O's weren't good they weren't terrible either.

I'm honest, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just give my honest opinions. those D's were overrated and while the O's weren't good they weren't terrible either.

Just exactly how many pick sixes does a QB have to throw in order for an offense to be terrible? I still have nightmares about Fiedler and Feeley. As a poster stated previously your purported "honest" opinion is only based on statistics and a small sampling of Dolphins games you've seen. We know what we saw. I can't expect more than that from you because your a Jets fan. I wouldn't attempt to feign implicit knowledge of the Jets organization. I don't know why you do.

Let's get specific.

What's "overrated" to you?

I'd say our Defense in the early 2000s was probably 4-5-6 range.

I agree that saying they were 1-2-3 range would be "overrated".
Agree???

If not, what 6 Defenses were consistently, hands-down better than the Fins OVER A 5 YEAR PERIOD (1999-2004)????
Let's get specific here.

statistically we were. anytime we couldn't run or fell behind in the 4th, you could bank on horrible results though.

There you go, exactly. If those squads were down by 2 TDs it was a wrap!

Back
Top Bottom