Sick feeling we will lose out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick feeling we will lose out

RW342000

Dreadless Demon
Reaction score
Does anyone have that sick feeeling that we will be s*it in 04,im not saying we will be but are there any feelings of it because of the slow responses by players. I realize patience is key but to what extent ,losing some good o line men.:(

I have been feeling this way for a long time....this is the usual Fins thought, I don't know why I act surrised every year.

I feel likethis every year. Im a Mariners fan and when we got rid of Griffey I felt bad, but we got better. The same happened the next year with A-Frod. Even when Marino retired and alls we had was Jay and Lamar i didnt think things were going to go well but they did. Who knows amybe the same could happen.

Nope. We cut a bunch of dead wood and we'll upgrade all along the OL.

i think we are improving areas at the cost of others.... (i.e. giving up some good defensive players and concentrating on offense)...

whats going to happen next year (my guess) is we have a higher-scoring offense, but a more suspect defense....

not the right direction if you ask me.

i know what your feeling, i really have a bad feeling that we are going only have 4 oline man at the start of the season,

Actually, I'm pretty happy that the FO is showing some signs of life this off season (in trying to up grade our offense). Like it or not guys, no team is able to put the money that we have into a D and still have much money for the offense. What the FO is APPARENTLY doing makes sense to me, so far. We still keep the better of our 2 starting corners. We still keep the better of our 2 starting DE's. Ya gotta give something to get something. Randy Moss is a playmaker-without question. If we see the O-line that those guys seem to be trying to put together, we ought to have some nice balance.

Originally posted by AzDolfan543413
I feel likethis every year. Im a Mariners fan and when we got rid of Griffey I felt bad, but we got better. The same happened the next year with A-Frod. Even when Marino retired and alls we had was Jay and Lamar i didnt think things were going to go well but they did. Who knows amybe the same could happen.

I'm a Mariners fan as well. I loved it when we kept on getting better after we lost superstars. Losing Johnson and Griffey made us a playoff team, and after we lost A-Rod we won 116 games!!!

I think the moves so far are exactly what Miami needs to do. They have kept people on that haven't shown signs of taking their game to the next level for quite some time now thinking that they were close to winning it all. A message had to be sent to all those on board that that kind of attitude would not be tolerated anymore and that if your on board there is new management involved now that will make changes if they feel that they aren't getting what they feel they should from the players. I like the attitude and just wish it would have found a new coach as well. Kind of hard to watch the player moves and get excited about the possible changes when you realize that Wanny is still leading this team. There were just too many games last year where he was out coached and his face told the whole story that he just lost control of the team and didn't know who to get it back. Atleast he doesn't have say so over personal moves anymore. Otherwise I don't think a lot of the needed changes would have been made.

I am very pleased with what we have done so far this year...we are finally bringing in some new faces (well we will..but who knows) and we are getting rid of the old. The phins need a change. and we are heading in the right direction. The only step backward we have taken is giving up a 2nd for AJ...but who knows it might be worth it:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JCPHIN_PHAN
I am very pleased with what we have done so far this year...we are finally bringing in some new faces (well we will..but who knows) and we are getting rid of the old. The phins need a change. and we are heading in the right direction. The only step backward we have taken is giving up a 2nd for AJ...but who knows it might be worth it:rolleyes:

I agree to a degree. There were some players we had to get rid of, and I am happy they are gone. There are definitely a bunch of players on the team worth keeping, but I am happy we got rid of some players who were not worth their contracts (i.e. Ruddy, Perry, Griese, etc.) I am confident that we will bring in some new faces. We are only in the second day of free agency, just because we haven't signed someone yet doesn't mean we won't.

I am very happy that we finally got rid of (ruddy/perry/nails/Greise. Yes it is the 2nd day of free agency. but we need to pick up good quality guys before they are all gone. The talent is getting thinner and thinner each day. WE need to make at least one signing tommorow...The FO needs to step it up a notch.

i agree, the sad thing is we'll see James being signed (and although I want him) I'm beginning to think we'll also see Detroit signing Woody (whom I really wanted to sign here).....guess i'll have to wait and see.

ya im going to have to wait and see too...its just not looking good right now. but tommorow is a brand new day and maybe woody will come to his senses...and finally ask himself..why the hell am i thinking about going to the lions? Miami has Talyor/thomas/surtain/seau/maybe madison/knight/chambers/ricky/mcmicheal/bowens/...and i want to join the lions who has who? lol.....:lol:

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
i think we are improving areas at the cost of others.... (i.e. giving up some good defensive players and concentrating on offense)...

whats going to happen next year (my guess) is we have a higher-scoring offense, but a more suspect defense....

not the right direction if you ask me.

So, how would you improve the offense wthout spending money? That's what you would have to do. Miami has to spend money to fix the offense...they have to cut spending from the defense. Miami has had a top defense for years now....where has it gotten them?..nowhere. Why?..because the offense has been crap. To fix it, they have to add better talent. To acquire better talent costs money. All the money has been tied up on the defense. This is th eonly way to try to make it to the next level. The status quo isn't working.

To me, as long as they have Zach, Surtain and Taylor...Miami's defense won't stink...and if the offense gets much better, they'll be a better team.

Back
Top Bottom