Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk

bills711

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone of you guys are saying how Bledsoe stats show she's just an average QB. Have any of you been looking at Ricky Williams stats. His stats are just average with one of the best O-Lines in the League. Now he's in Miami with one of the worst O-Lines in the league. So I don't see his stats increasing.

Look at his YPC and look at everyone elses there are 10 RB's that have a greater YPC then him. I'm only mentioning players that had 1,000 yards or more. Besides E. James because everyone knows he would have easily hit 1,000.

Ricky Williams 4.0
Priest Holmes 4.8
Ahman Green 4.6
Shaun Alexander 4.3
Marshall Faulk 5.3
Curtis Martin 4.5
Edgerrin James 4.4
Jermone Bettis 4.8
Anthony Thomas 4.3
Garrison Hearst 4.8
Dominic Rhodes 4.7

His stats ain't much better for a RB that Bledsoe stats for a QB.
Also Bledsoe stats decreased when he lost his weapons now he has them with Buffalo. Williams had one of the best O-Lines and had good passing game in NO. Brooks had about 3900 yards passing.

Bledsoe also brings leadership to Buffalo.

It's already been well documented in this forum as well as other media that Ricky Williams is not a breakaway threat. He's a pounding style of running back who will wear down defenses. As a change of pace we have Travis Minor who is a breakaway threat. I don't remember it, but this sounds similar to the Czonka-Morris tandem.

Originally posted by bills711
Everyone of you guys are saying how Bledsoe stats show she's just an average QB.

If that's what you think of your QB.

Look at the offenses those guys play in compared to NO..they played basically the same offense as the Gailey O..Now watch Ricky in a Norv O..the OL will do better..Sometimes it's just the system my friend.

hey bills711, both teams are going to benefit from the trades they made...ricky gives us the franchise back that we have lacked since czonka...drew gives you the franchise qb that you havent had since kelly...

BETTER BUCKLE UP!!! BILLS NERD!!

Better get used to it!! The fun is just starting!! You are gonna hear it all year!!! Some famous quotes coming to a SUNDAY 's NFL TICKET close to you!!

"ANOTHER MIAMI FIRST DOWN!!!"
"To the 5, TOUCHDOWN MIAMI!!!! ALLRRIIGHHTTT MIAMI!!"
"JAY GOING UP TOP!!CAUGHT!! TOUCHDOWN MIAMI DOLPHINS!! CHRIS CHAMBERS OUTJUMPED ANTOINE WINFIELD!!!

I could go on but you get the PICTURE!!!

Lamar Smith had a 3.1 and they STILL went 11-5. 2 of those 11 coming against Barfalo.
Brooks had about 3900 yards passing.
Brooks had 3832 and Fiedler had 3290, not THAT big a difference.
And as for the O-line, It is much improved from last year! No more Folau!

I think we're about to get moved!.....

If your sick of all this Ricky Williams talk, then get the f*ck off our boards!!! How many games dids the Bills win last year?? So Bledsoe is going to turn the Bills around into this awesome playoff team!?!?! Miami wins 11 games last year, and in the offseason we lose Walker, Bromell, Mixon, and Lamar Smith. We obtain Ricky Williams, Leon Searcy, Larry Chester, and Rob Burnett and another year of experience from Arturo Freeman, Jamar Fletcher, Chris Chambers etc. Need I say more?? Bledsoe is an average Quarterback who plays for a below avergae team.

Everyone of you guys are saying how Bledsoe stats show she's just an average QB. Have any of you been looking at Ricky Williams stats. His stats are just average with one of the best O-Lines in the League. Now he's in Miami with one of the worst O-Lines in the league. So I don't see his stats increasing.

Look at his YPC and look at everyone elses there are 10 RB's that have a greater YPC then him. I'm only mentioning players that had 1,000 yards or more. Besides E. James because everyone knows he would have easily hit 1,000.

Ricky Williams 4.0
Priest Holmes 4.8
Ahman Green 4.6
Shaun Alexander 4.3
Marshall Faulk 5.3
Curtis Martin 4.5
Edgerrin James 4.4
Jermone Bettis 4.8
Anthony Thomas 4.3
Garrison Hearst 4.8
Dominic Rhodes 4.7

Also Bledsoe stats decreased when he lost his weapons now he has them with Buffalo. Williams had one of the best O-Lines and had good passing game in NO. Brooks had about 3900 yards passing.

Er... excuse me...
I guess you didn't watch many Saints games last year, being that you are a Bills fan. I happen to be a Saints fan who lives in DC and has DirectTV, and who has taken a great interest in Miami because of Williams and Turner (had to throw in my credentials).

I guess you probably heard Ditka and company mention how good the Saints o-line was in the CBS pregame shows, blah blah, blah....
Nope, not even close.
I watched with great pain all of the 16 games the Saints played last year. Being a Saints fan, I have seem my share of bad run-blocking, but what happened last year, it was just attrocious. Unfortunately, no one keeps stats on how many times a RB gets hit in his own backfield, and I wish someone would, because RW getting hit 4-5 yd deep behind the LOS was a regular happening. Rarely (and I mean games went by without seen it) RW crossed the LOS without being hit or met at the LOS or behind it.
Frankly, I was surprised he actually rushed for a 4.0 average, considering the horrible job the O-line did in run blocking; and when you throw in the mix that he only had 2 runs for over 20 yards, those 4.0 per become even more impressive.

Opposing teams basically put 8-9 in the box to stop RW, because they knew the passing game was not going to hurt them, and indeed, Brooks and Co. did not take advantage of the single coverages they saw all year long.

Unlike our brainiak Mike McArthy, Norv Turner knows what he's doing with an offensive playbook.

One other things Bills711, what did you think you would hear in a dolphins board...Drew,,,Drew..Duddddd? We're going to talk about our acquisition as much as you guys talk about Drew..but the difference is that Ricky will make a difference for us and Drew will not for you. Sack, Sack. Sack..same game, different team.

711, fitting moniker since you probably wanted to put 911 in there but couldn't figure out how to spell it, or where to put it into a sentence. Dude, your smack is weak, you're illiterate, my 5 year old nephew has better grammar skills, and I'm beginning to think that you may have ridden the little bus with the elevator on the side when you were a kid...wait a minute, you probably are just a 12 year old brat wanting to play with the big boys. I have an idea for you: why don't you take your soiled little diaper self back to the Jills forum where you can find other intellectual midgets such as yourself to play with so you don't wind up getting spanked while in here playing with the big boys who have some modicum of intelligence. I think I hear your mommy calling you...nope, she's calling me, gotta go... :fire:

Comparing a RBs stats to those of a QB is like comparing apples to oranges.... let's compare RW's total stats to any of your RB's last year.... then let's compare Jays stats last year to Drew's...or even the last season he actually started... you got them handy? or should I dig them up to toss in your pimply little face boy? :evil:

Wharf,
Several people have already thrown stats at him but he's either too much of a coward or too stupid to conceive an intelligent response, so he just doesn't respond to anything. He's the internet equivalent to the Jr. High kid who throws a rock through a window in the middle of the night and runs away...pathetic.

Re: Re: Sick of all this Ricky Williams talk

Originally posted by codename47

Er... excuse me...
I guess you didn't watch many Saints games last year, being that you are a Bills fan.

Well code, he probably saw the first game of the season. You know the game where Ricky Williams ran over the Bills for 112 yards of total offense and a touchdown.

Ricky Williams 4.0
Priest Holmes 4.8
Ahman Green 4.6
Shaun Alexander 4.3
Marshall Faulk 5.3
Curtis Martin 4.5
Edgerrin James 4.4
Jermone Bettis 4.8
Anthony Thomas 4.3
Garrison Hearst 4.8
Dominic Rhodes 4.7

YOU'RE SICK OF RICKY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Hell dude you haven't seen anything yet!
Wait until you have to sit in your highchair and watch him cream the Jills twice a year for many many years to come.

Trust me, don't bother comparing RW to Bledsoe because Bledsoe won't be on the field nearly as much as Ricky will be.

See 711 all we want out of RW is to play just as well as he did last year. Bill's fans are expecting a Drew Bledsoe of 5 years ago to show up in weastern NY. You want a career 76 rated QB to all of a sudden break out of his 3 year slump and lead a 3-13 team to the playoffs. All we want is a RB to do the exact same thing he did last year, and help an 11-5 team win 1 or 2 more games. I don't think anyone here has been hopeing for anything more than what RW has proven to be in his 3 years, a smash mouth back who averages 4 yards a carry. No one here is saying he is the best RB in the NFL. No one here has made out landish claims like he is a hall of fame rb. One more thing I would like to point out to you 711 in RW's 3 years he has shown improvement every year from 800 to 1000 to 1200 yards in the past seasons. On the other hand Drew has not shown the same progression.

Back
Top Bottom