Sick of the Colts! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sick of the Colts!

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am tired of many of the so called experts picking the Colts to make the SB, when I doubt they will even win their division. Yes Edge is back, so their offense will most likely be great again. Yes, Tony Dungy will bring a new swagger to the defense. The problem is they will not be able to stop the run, nor will they be able to put enough preasure on the QB to take preasure off of one of the worst secondarys in the league. Dwight Freeny will add a speed rush off the edge, but with no other talent on the d-line it will most likley will not be enough(look at J Taylor, a much more proven DE that couldn't do the job by himself last year with out Trace.) I also doubt the smaller Freeny will be able to endure the 16 game schedule this early in his NFL career. The other problem is thier d-line is the smallest in the entire NFL. Tripplet will add some bulk, but he has more question marks than the Riddlers suit in batman. This d may start off strong, but their smaller size and lack of a pass rush and pure coverage corners will seal thier faite deep in the season. I would be shocked if they make it out of the wild card round.

I agree

Not only to your points Dejesus... but I also have to add... even with Edge being back.. why is it that everyone believes he'll be at 100% right away? Doesn't it usually take an RB more than one season to come back fully from that kind of injury?

It is fashionable to pick teams such as the Colts...last time I checked Tony Dungy didn't lead a team with at least as much overall talent to the SB in Tampa.

I wouldn't completely count them out though. They were the second ranked offense in both yardage and points scored in the NFL last year WITHOUT Edgerrin James. Many of their games were very close shootouts, because they could score at will on almost anyone at will, problem was they couldn't stop anyone either. So, really all they need is a small improvement in defense, and they will win quite a bit more games than they did last year. They also play in a weak division and have one of the easier schedules this year.

So, although its not the cool thing to do to not have a homeristic view of the AFC and write-off any contendors that aren't the Dolphins... They have a REALLY good shot in my opinion. Especially, if Edgerrin James come back at anywhere near 100%.

I think thye homer coment is a little uncalled for. Last year they did put up great numbers against bad teams, but everyone struggled from Manning to their horrible defense when they played playoff teams.

Chris Mortensen said his picks for the AFC are Indy and Pitt.

Ya I agree the colts are the colts they wont make the playoffs, and if thry do they wont win one playoff game

Bandwagon MUTHA CHRIS MORTENSEN!!!

Did you guys ever notice, once JJ QUIT on the PHINS!! OL' MORT QUIT talking about the PHINS even though WANNY has had more success than JIMMY!!! It was appearant that MORT was up JJ's ass a little bit wouldn't you say?

Mort's a good guy...but he really doesn't get alot right when it comes to predictions.

I really see the Phins,Titans, and Steelers as the teams to beat. If the Faiders stay healthy they could be in there as well.

I agree the homer comment was a little overboard. It just seems that everyone on this board wants to right off every single other team in the NFL other than the Dolphins. I am pretty optimistic for the Dolphins' chances, but they have just as many questions as any other team in the league. So to say we are head and shoulders above ANYONE is rediculous. I'm not necessarily saying I agree with the people saying the Colts are Super Bowl bound, but I can understand where they are coming from.

In regards to the comment about the Colts choking against playoff teams... can't the same be said about the Dolphins last year?? All they had to do was beat the Patriots, who didn't put up that much of a fight, late in the season, and we have a first-round bye... but they choked. In fact the Colts nearly beat us in one game last year too... lucky for us, their defense was horrible, and Fiedler was able to lead us to a 4th quarter comeback. But, I'm not so sure that comeback would have been there with Dungy running the D.

My contendors for the AFC:
Dolphins
Colts
Pittsburgh

... and of course there is always the one dark horse team. So, who knows who it will be this year.

BIG GAMES!!!

I have to agree with you in a sense, that when there is a BIG GAME the PHINS have choked!! Twice against the JETS, once against the PATS and the debacle against the RAVENS on the HOME turf!!! Let's hope this will change and my contenders for the AFC are as follows!

1. STEELERS ( BEST COACH and BEST 3-4 DEFENSE)
2. DOLPHINS (IF THE O-LINE and FRONT 7 check out)
3. PATS (C'mon you can't argue with their CHEMISTRY!!)
4. RAIDERS (JUST WIN BABY)
5. JETS ( I HATE THEM BUT YOU GOTTA RESPECT CURTIS MARTIN)
6. COLTS ( OFFENSE IS TOO POTENT, plus add a little D to the equation!!)

I am by no means saying the Dolphins are far and away the AFC's best. I would give that title to the Steelers. I am just pointing out that many people are jumping on the paper AFC champ(3 years running) Colts just because their offense is exciting, but ignoring the fact that they still have a mediocre D. Dungy is good, but it is not like he is a master of schemes like Billicheck, he plays a simple defense that thrives on speed. The reason he was so sucsesfull in Tampa was he had the 4 down lineman to put preasure on passing plays, and clog the line so the LBs could run around on running plays. He just doesn't have that yet in Indy, his d-line is imbarisingly unsersized by NFL standards, and he doesn't have any solid covre corners. I am humble enough to know that the Dolphins will be in a dog fight just to come out on top of the AFC east with the Jets, Pats, and improveing Bills.

Back
Top Bottom