Sideburn: Kennedy's 3rd dirty play this season... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sideburn: Kennedy's 3rd dirty play this season...

I lost alot of respect for Shannahan last night. It is obvious thaT he took the olsd adage "just win baby" from geriatric Al Davis and changed it to "win at all costs or at least lose with no class". By the way, I think Brittany Spears needs her teeth back. I wonder how much he paid for those teeth.

Sideburn, one thing here for you. When you tackle, you keep your eyes on what your tackling. You do NOT leave your feet, and you do NOT lose sight of your opponent.

Kennedy did both of those things. He was looking at Chambers feet when he launched himself into him. That means he was leading with his head. It is illegal, and if you don't like the rules the NFL has put in place, then go follow another sport.

It was a crap play, and if you can't see that, then go strap yourself on a helmet, and play WR for some team. See if you change your tune a little.

Gotta love blind homerism.

Oh by the way sideburn......how are you liking the media this morning? :evil:

Peter King on the chambers hit:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2002/10/14/mmqb/

4. Because of the collisions. Kenoy Kennedy, you’re going down for that hit on Chris Chambers. Maybe you missed the rules meeting this year. Can’t launch yourself at a ballcarrier and drive your helmet with unmitigated force into the jaw of a receiver. That was an Andre Waters hit. I’d be shocked if Kennedy wasn’t suspended for the game at Kansas City this week.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Sideburn, one thing here for you. When you tackle, you keep your eyes on what your tackling. You do NOT leave your feet, and you do NOT lose sight of your opponent.

Kennedy did both of those things. He was looking at Chambers feet when he launched himself into him. That means he was leading with his head. It is illegal, and if you don't like the rules the NFL has put in place, then go follow another sport.

It was a crap play, and if you can't see that, then go strap yourself on a helmet, and play WR for some team. See if you change your tune a little.
First of most of you, I did play in college at a D-1 school, Second, I played Linebacker...Third, last year, the greatest college play was by Roy Williams of Oklahoma last year and he left his feet to dive at Chrissy Simms, deflected the ball to another OU player and it was taken into the endzone for the game winning score... Yesterday, Brock, a D lineman for Indy left his feet and dove at Redman to make a play, in turn knocking out the ball and forcing a turnover, so don't give me that crap about leaving your feet... As a defender you are taught from day 1 to do what you must to knock loose the ball...Until you pansies get it in your head that hitting is apart of football then shut up.. And Kenoy saw what he was hitting, he hit Chambers into 1974, next time you see that cat he'll be sportin a butterfly color, bell bottoms and an afro:lol: :lol:
I'm tired of being nice, I gave the fish props for their win, then I see a thread about killing Kenoy, and banning him from the league and blah blah blah...Now sideburn will set up shop and start the Sideburn bar and grill thread....Remember fish fans, Free booze when the fishie lose

He's not blind, he cant see the post cuz hes leading with the crown of his helmet sized melon.

You want the 70's? If this was the 70's, then Csonka and Warfield would have high lowed Kennedys dirtyazz on the next play from scrimmage and he would be sipping his meals thru a tube after that dirty low class play.

Why did Kennedy fold his arms up under his cage after he launched himself if he wasnt spearing? Wouldnt proper technique have been to wrap up the receiver and bring him to the ground? If you played D-1 football and didnt think that play was dirty, you must have played @ UC-Santa Barbara, cuz only a Banana Slug would approve of that crap

Uc-santa barbara Doesn't field a team anymore, and besides they were D-II, now the folding of the arms was stupid and I think thats what got him the flag, Hell I wouldn't do it, you could break your forearms. And ya know what, I love the media attention...Why you may ask, cause I get to see that hit 50 times today...And I can't keep from screaming WOOOO after everytime

Blah Blah Blah, Oh Espn news is showing the hit again....WOOOOOOOOO, dropped like a rock, I've gotta say, he looks like he's out in mid-air, they say he never was knocked out, I have to disagree

Well my friend, I would say that if you REALLY think that was a good hit, you need to read the rules and understand why that rule is in place. Not only could he have hurt CC very bad, but he could have done some damage to himself. We are very fortunate that niether play was badly hurt on that play. That is the type of play that puts both players out of football. And if you are a true fan than you should find that type of hit unaceptable.

IMHO, a player who chooses to make that type of hit should be suspended for 4 games or if he injures a player with that hit be suspended for 4 games or until that other player recovers which ever is longer. So if he puts someone out of football with that hit, then oh well his playing days are over also.

And yes I would feel the same if it were a Dolphin that made that hit. There is NO place in football for that type of play.

not again..

Originally posted by sideburn

First of most of you, I did play in college at a D-1 school, Second, I played Linebacker...Third, last year, the greatest college play was by Roy Williams of Oklahoma last year and he left his feet to dive at Chrissy Simms, deflected the ball to another OU player and it was taken into the endzone for the game winning score... Yesterday, Brock, a D lineman for Indy left his feet and dove at Redman to make a play, in turn knocking out the ball and forcing a turnover, so don't give me that crap about leaving your feet... As a defender you are taught from day 1 to do what you must to knock loose the ball...Until you pansies get it in your head that hitting is apart of football then shut up.. And Kenoy saw what he was hitting, he hit Chambers into 1974, next time you see that cat he'll be sportin a butterfly color, bell bottoms and an afro:lol: :lol:
I'm tired of being nice, I gave the fish props for their win, then I see a thread about killing Kenoy, and banning him from the league and blah blah blah...Now sideburn will set up shop and start the Sideburn bar and grill thread....Remember fish fans, Free booze when the fishie lose

on of those Pee-Wee Leaguers....hey I got a friend for you.

lmao

FFiB is :evil:

Back
Top Bottom