Sideburn: Kennedy's 3rd dirty play this season... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sideburn: Kennedy's 3rd dirty play this season...

Originally posted by Barbarian
I have played on the Popwarner, High School, and College levels (and in the Millitary) and on every level you are taught
1.) to keep your face up and your eyes on the target
2.) lead the target and hit with your shoulder
3.) then wrap em up and drag 'em down.

Well, Kennedy...
1) Lowered his face and led with the top of the helmet.
2) Aimed for the Head with his helmet AND
3) Brought his forarms up to help brace himself against Chambers chest. Further proof that he wasn't going for the tackle.

Took the words right out of my mouth Barbarian.:up:

Originally posted by davster82
Oh no hellion. He played "D-1" football. Didn't you see his all knowing post. Blind Homer pretty aptly describes him.

My name is David "Bubba" Bircham, Starting Linebacker for Mustang High School, Mustang Oklahoma for 4 years...Received scholarship to the University of Oklahoma in 96, redshirted frosh year, due to injury on team following year I was moved to the Oline to fill gaps, due to another injury to Kasey Kline, I was moved to center my sophmore year...Started there 3 years and my senior year I was second team all BIG XII... Oh BTW, I have a NC ring from 2000, and BIG XII ring from the same year...Look it up online in the OU media guide... There, now kiss my ass

Originally posted by sideburn

My name is David "Bubba" Bircham, Starting Linebacker for Mustang High School, Mustang Oklahoma for 4 years...Received scholarship to the University of Oklahoma in 96, redshirted frosh year, due to injury on team following year I was moved to the Oline to fill gaps, due to another injury to Kasey Kline, I was moved to center my sophmore year...Started there 3 years and my senior year I was second team all BIG XII... Oh BTW, I have a NC ring from 2000, and BIG XII ring from the same year...Look it up online in the OU media guide... There, now kiss my ass
all that experience and you still don't know ****!:rolleyes: :p

Originally posted by Miamian
Guys, it's not worth it to trade smack this jacka$$.
i know its not worth it, but when it means having fun i just can't resist. i mean this is the only dude that thinks kennedy did no wrong and 16 others are jumping down his throat, the odds are on our side, i'll jump on a sure thing!:D

Originally posted by sideburn

I enjoyed the nice polite ending to your speech. :rolleyes:

Kiss his what...sounds a bit pretty to me..Got to give it to him though, he lost and still is talking crap...Sideburn, I've seen that play over and over now..he hit Chris in the head with his helmet..Chambers did not see him and lower his head like you stated before..Kennedy clearly had the upper hand and took full advantage..So get a life if you think that was illegal..obviously the NFL didn't agree with you...So on this point who's right, you or us..plus the NFL...Did he or did he not get a penalty on the play, and after future review by the NFL, did he not get suspended and lost of game pay...I say one more time, was it an illegal hit or was it not?? According to the evident and my own eyes...IT WAS.

I'm back, sorry comp. broke died...I don't think I ever denied the fact that according to the "rules" that it was illegal, oh and btw, we did appeal, and Shannahan was fined for it... but thats beside the point, I am disgusted with the pussified league that is the NFL....Just look at the past few weeks all the fines that are being levied...It's a joke, Woodson gets fined 75,000 for a hit that is legal, he hit him in the shoulder with his shoulder....Maybe it's time the NFL bends the rules for the wideouts and lets them take juice so they can do their jobs

oh and on a final thought, anyone notice the hypocrisy of the NFL in marketing the greatest hits shows and tapes???? I gaurantee that Kennedy's hit will be on the next dvd....

The hit on Darrell Jackson caused a seizure! It was a no brainer to give out a fine. I think fines should be given out if the hit is clearly intentional, they shouldn't be given out on hits like the one where Brain Dawkins hit Hilliard because he couldn't slow down. The hit on Chambers could have been handled differently, he could of hit his body but he clearly used his helmet to make the hit.

It's funny that you keep saying that they are legal hits when the rules very clearly state that spearing is illegal, and what they all did was spearing... it's simple and very clear cut... saying otherwise proves nothing but your ignorance of the rules.

I'm all for protecting players. But the NFL is going to far now. They're fining everyone under the sun. $75K for a first offense?? That's retarded.

Sideburn: if you are saying that Tatum's form of playing the game was OK, then I know I can say with out a doubt that you have NEVER taken a hit in any kind of game at any level; regardless of what you may say. Football is supposed to be violent and its supposed to be hardhitting. But it is NOT supposed to be some sort of Kumite competition where basically anything goes as long as you win. Its still a game. Also alot of receivers, more so in JHS and HS and younger when they look the ball in try to sort of pull themselves around the ball-its a habit and it helps to hug the ball closer and not lose it up in the air! All that said; the only one who knows if Kennedy leads with his helmet on purpose is Kennedy. It does seem odd though, that he gets more than his share of fines for that. Coincidence????? One thing that I do believe is that the Broncos play dirty because their coaches either teach that or encourage in some way. Again thats only my opinion. But is it coincidental that ALOT of players and coaches say that they play dirty? It doesn't make sense that its said because the Broncos are beating everyone-because theyr'e not. This year notwithstanding, how many people accuse the Colts o-line or the Rams o-line of illegal blocking? Manning and Warner are a couple of the least sacked QBs. Again this year nowithstanding. I understand why you would want to defend the Broncos since your'e obviously a big fan but if looked at objectively something isn't right up there.

Back
Top Bottom