Sign Manziel? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Manziel?

We don't need the distraction. There's already quite a spotlight on the QB position here in Miami, more than enough. I do believe in second chances and I'm rooting for the kid but Miami is the wrong spot. He has a lot of work to do. That's the one thing he hasn't done. In college his God given talent did the trick but the NFL is a different deal altogether. Maybe he knows what it takes now and maybe he is willing to put in the hard work. That's a lot of maybes.

I definitely agree big time signing Johnny. Everyone deserves a 2nd shot. He has room to grow and IMO Brock is not going to get any better. Johnny is a great move and Gase i believe can get everything out of him. Cleveland dont even want Brock. Dudes a bust

Manziel, Kaep, Tebow..
3 players that will cause a media stir and distractions - Something no team really wants.
I dont believe in distraction for Johnny. The guy just partied hard. Not like he killed anyone or beat up his GF. I dont think he be a distraction at all. I do agree with Kap. He is a major distraction

I dont believe in distraction for Johnny. The guy just partied hard. Not like he killed anyone or beat up his GF. I dont think he be a distraction at all. I do agree with Kap. He is a major distraction
He pled guilty to domestic violence is 2016 for assaulting is ex-girlfriend.

He pled guilty to domestic violence is 2016 for assaulting is ex-girlfriend.
CCrGREYWgAI381l.jpg

He went off the rails because he didn't get the help he needed. He got help and is a different person now. No one is perfect, especially a lot of the players in the NFL. What harm is there in letting him compete against Osweiler for the backup spot?

Because he's not a good QB. Regardless if he has his personal life together or not. He is not an NFL QB.

How is Kap a distraction...but Manziel not? Both bring the media circus. One has been a terrible person and the other has not. One has played in the NFL the last 2 years. One has been sober for 12 days.

Gotta love the "should we sign (insert name of random football player)" threads. Does everyone not understand that we can't sign every single available football related athlete out there?

HeLl No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's amazing to me how two currently unemployed former QBs in Manziel and Kaepernick seem to be treated. Both obviously have gotten media coverage for two different reasons. Yet, only one seems to have a legitimate chance of being signed by a team for the upcoming season.

If you didn't know either player and I placed their "issues" in two columns and ask you to guess which player is which?

Strange...

Was waiting for a Kaepernick sympathizer to come out and beat that drum.....without turning this into a political discussion or dialogue the answer is very simple. Any employer or big business corporation, whether it be the NFL, Walmart, Amazon, McDonald's, TV networks, etc. considers the effect on their business and bottom line when making decisions for their companies. If they think something is too controversial to "carry" or sell they will choose to avoid it at all costs so as to not cause a loss in business revenue or bad press/boycotts. It's about losing sales/money and market share.

So, Manziel might still (maybe) sell tickets or attract non-controversial (at least political/majorly negative public) attention while Kaepernick won't and just cause a distraction and offend a chunk of the paying public, who will avoid paying to see him or his team and/or negatively affect the team's market.

To put it succinctly.... Kaepernick has every right to kneel, protest as he sees fit and stand his ground on his beliefs....and his prospective PRIVATE employer has every right not to hire him if it goes against their business model or concerns of impact on their "product".

Last edited:
I really believe he’s cleaned up his act. I just don’t think he can play. Now if we come out of the draft without a QB I’d definitely give him a shot to beat out Fales and Osweiler.

I doubt it... I think he is cleaning up his act enough for another pay day, but once he gets it he will be right back out there snorting lines off a stripper's ass at KoD.

Never gonna deny someone a legit second chance -- but I don't believe the "risk" associated with Manziel is counterbalanced by his "upside."

Simply put -- his talent level may not justify any legit NFL interest.

Back
Top Bottom