Sign Manziel? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Manziel?

What's his upside?
Didn't know how/care to study film with the Browns.
Pretty much got by in college by heroics ball.
Can he even read defenses?

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in on the minimum deal and see what he has, and if he has turned things around. Our offense actually suits his style of play. It would be interesting to know Tannehill's take on this.

If we don't sign a QB during the draft, I'd be okay with it. Let's get him in here and take a look during OTA's and preseason. If it doesn't work, we cut him. I'd do that for any player trying to make a comeback. It's not like we would lose something or it cost us anything. AND if he did shine, we could make something work (either he beats out our starter or back up, or we trade him to someone who was impressed with what he's shown). Either way, the cost is nil to us.

I hope the front office "at least" does their due diligence and evaluates him.

If he can help the team ....why not...
Supposedly he has changed his ways.

I am not saying the should sign him or not... Just saying, they should at least evaluate him ( and all other prospects )

He went off the rails because he didn't get the help he needed. He got help and is a different person now. No one is perfect, especially a lot of the players in the NFL. What harm is there in letting him compete against Osweiler for the backup spot?

Are these facts?

Colin Kaepernick aside, it would not surprise me if Johnny Manziel is a fallback option for Miami should their draft plans fail to shake out.

If Manziel has had the sort of come to Jesus catharsis it seems like he's had from hitting rock bottom, and he's really plugged himself whole into football, and his wife is as good an influence as I'm hearing, you have to be at least a little bit intrigued.

Johnny Manziel seems to be the polar opposite of what piece looks for in a player. What makes you think he would have any interest in him?

Id rather sign Cutler back for another 6-10 season then watch Manziel try to keep up. No...

This is America jack, everyone deserves a second chance, if he's gotten the help he needs and is a changed person why not? the concern is can he play QB for the Miami Dolphins?

Aside from Tannehill, our QB situation sux. Don't like Ossweiler or Fales, and Manziel has proven to be a chucklehead. I don't care how young you are, show some professionalism. He came in to the Browns and pissed away that opportunity. No to Manziel. I hope we draft Mayfield, or one of the other 2nd tier guys. Don't forget Tanny is comming off major knee surgery.

I really don't know why we would even entertain this idea at this point. Maybe if we had zero quarterbacks and were desperate, ok. But we're not.

Even if this guy cleaned up his act, which i will only believe after a few years, he is an incredible distraction and has always been a personality issue. Those are the types of guys were just cut or traded for pennies on the dollar. He just doesn't come across as a guy to lead a franchise.

On top of that, he was never a great pocket QB. He was overrated for his improvisation and wow plays but when you dug into the tape, you saw issues with footwork (which lead to accuracy issues), reading defenses, paying too much attention to the rush and taking off too early.

Was waiting for a Kaepernick sympathizer to come out and beat that drum.....without turning this into a political discussion or dialogue the answer is very simple. Any employer or big business corporation, whether it be the NFL, Walmart, Amazon, McDonald's, TV networks, etc. considers the effect on their business and bottom line when making decisions for their companies. If they think something is too controversial to "carry" or sell they will choose to avoid it at all costs so as to not cause a loss in business revenue or bad press/boycotts. It's about losing sales/money and market share.

So, Manziel might still (maybe) sell tickets or attract non-controversial (at least political/majorly negative public) attention while Kaepernick won't and just cause a distraction and offend a chunk of the paying public, who will avoid paying to see him or his team and/or negatively affect the team's market.

To put it succinctly.... Kaepernick has every right to kneel, protest as he sees fit and stand his ground on his beliefs....and his prospective PRIVATE employer has every right not to hire him if it goes against their business model or concerns of impact on their "product".

"Was waiting for a Kaepernick sympathizer to come out and beat that drum"

^^^^Let's start with exactly what does this part of what you wrote mean?

Also, If anything, you highlighted my point exactly. Which strongly suggest based on the current state of those two players and their involvement/participation with NFL teams what kind of behavior is "okay" and what is "not okay."

Moreover, if you put forth those two players resume of "incidences" starting from college throughout their professional playing days, it's even more alarming! One player through it all is being given, it would appear, yet another chance! While the other player would be lucky to even get a workout.

Being completely unbiased and just looking at the two situations, imo, it's pretty disturbing.

So I ask you once more, exactly what "drum" did I beat? Putting the facts on the table and saying, "Hey that's strange!" Certainly, no one that's being fair would ever say, "Manziel is that much better at the QB position than Kap!"

Back
Top Bottom