Sign Of The Times | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Of The Times

DOLPHAN1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
with all the turmoil on the main forum, especially in the past 24 hours, i am surprised that no one has come here for some sanity. so i guess i'll try get some going...lol

oh, and happy mothers day. :D

Have we had any official or credible word on the nature of Poole's injury? Honestly one of the reasons Saban put the clamps on the media was specifically for injury reporting and leaks about the nature of players' injuries.

I'm very surprised by how people are taking it basically for granted that the media is right, that Poole has a torn ACL and he will miss the season.

Until I see a statement from the Phins to that effect, I will not assume Poole has anything more than a sprain.

Yeah this weekend has been nutso in the main forums. Its a train wreck i just can't stop watching. Well I'm hoping theres something on the morning radio shows tommorow!!!!

one of the things press coverage stated was ...

"you see people... perhaps you don't understand the rights of the press... and the reasons for withholding sources before a story is printed... whether it is true or not, the story will be running, count on it.... ya..."

is it possible that there is more (or less) to this story?

ok I think will pool lives in plantation cause i saw him at the publix in plantation. he was in crutches and i asked him what was up and he said its nothing and he will be back soon. Now I dunno if he was trying to keep the fans happy or if Saban told him not to talk about it. Just sharing what I came across thought it was cool when i saw him that was the first time i ever seen a player actully at a store shopping. Kinda made him more human to me. :)

Mindwarp said:
ok I think will pool lives in plantation cause i saw him at the publix in plantation. he was in crutches and i asked him what was up and he said its nothing and he will be back soon. Now I dunno if he was trying to keep the fans happy or if Saban told him not to talk about it. Just sharing what I came across thought it was cool when i saw him that was the first time i ever seen a player actully at a store shopping. Kinda made him more human to me. :)
hopefully that means that if it was an ACL injury hopefully it was a partial tear...

DOLPHAN1 said:
one of the things press coverage stated was ...

"you see people... perhaps you don't understand the rights of the press... and the reasons for withholding sources before a story is printed... whether it is true or not, the story will be running, count on it.... ya..."

is it possible that there is more (or less) to this story?

The story he said "will be running" was up and running at that time. Most papers put out a first edition that hits the streets earlier than the ones delivered at peoples doorsteps. Either himself, or someone he knows in the Dade, Broward area read it.

There are only three sources who know for sure about Poole. The Dolphins organization, the team doctors, and their staff, and his agent. The Dolphins staff are in fear for thier jobs. More and more it seems that the media sources thru the organization are slim to none. His agent is Drew, who is known to have a big mouth, but has declined comment about the severity of the injury. That leaves the Doc, and from what Lungstyr (whom i've known for about 6 years, and is close to someone in the medical staff) says, he has herd nothing about it from the Docs.

So I tend to think that press coverage is playing media insider, when he's not.

DOLPHAN1 said:
with all the turmoil on the main forum, especially in the past 24 hours, i am surprised that no one has come here for some sanity. so i guess i'll try get some going...lol

oh, and happy mothers day. :D
LOL

Yes, Press Coverage is really turning into an attention whore!

Funny, I thought the tone of his post was kind of trollsome myself. Then when asked for links or source he didnt respond....when most of the critical remarks that came were specifically asking for a source.

He started a PM battle now with me when he PM'd me saying I told you so expecting an apology. He got something else!

Ozzy said:
The story he said "will be running" was up and running at that time. Most papers put out a first edition that hits the streets earlier than the ones delivered at peoples doorsteps. Either himself, or someone he knows in the Dade, Broward area read it.

There are only three sources who know for sure about Poole. The Dolphins organization, the team doctors, and their staff, and his agent. The Dolphins staff are in fear for thier jobs. More and more it seems that the media sources thru the organization are slim to none. His agent is Drew, who is known to have a big mouth, but has declined comment about the severity of the injury. That leaves the Doc, and from what Lungstyr (whom i've known for about 6 years, and is close to someone in the medical staff) says, he has herd nothing about it from the Docs.

what i was comenting on was not the accuracy of the information but that he had info from the article before it was published. the story may be pure speculation, but press had specifics about the article at 7pm central that did not circulate until after midnight. who knows the accuracy at this point. press either wrote/helped write or had seen the piece before being run. that is all. the rest seems rather shaddy if you ask me and i will reserve judgment as to the contents until we hear from the 'phins.

let me clarify; the article was released on the net after midnight. don't know about early editions as, unfortunately, i am deep in "chefs" country. and, yes i do mean chefs.......lol

Ozzy said:

More likely he works for the newspaper and runs off copies!

DOLPHAN1 said:
i was thinking along those lines too. maybe so far as to have access to the writer/s.
Based on his response to me in his PM's, he's extremely bitter about not being respected / trusted in his post. Personally, I find it laughable based on how he presented himself.
Here's some possibilities:
Maybe he is the kid that delivers the notes between the writers on deadline day! :tongue:

Maybe he's the guy that changes the ink toner and it ran out mid print, giving him a whole 12 hour head start :confused:

Maybe he is a paperboy with a route in a far off time zone an he got a head start reading the morning news :D

:roflmao:

Maybe he works in his newspaper restroom (the give out the mints guy by the sink) and overheard some toilet talk between reporters? :wink:

DOLFANMIKE said:
Based on his response to me in his PM's, he's extremely bitter about not being respected / trusted in his post. Personally, I find it laughable based on how he presented himself.
Here's some possibilities:
Maybe he is the kid that delivers the notes between the writers on deadline day! :tongue:

Maybe he's the guy that changes the ink toner and it ran out mid print, giving him a whole 12 hour head start :confused:

Maybe he is a paperboy with a route in a far off time zone an he got a head start reading the morning news :D

:roflmao:

Maybe he works in his newspaper restroom (the give out the mints guy by the sink) and overheard some toilet talk between reporters? :wink:

he does seem to have a lot of self importance doesn't he... :D

Back
Top Bottom