Signing of undrafted free agents already underway | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signing of undrafted free agents already underway

Jeff Van Camp will be out brandsteter

Geez. People get so upset about not picking up your favourite an UDFA. Perhaps the FO didnt want him. Get a grip people.

Can't say where Adam Froman is going. All I'm comfortable saying is it's not Miami.

Miami was interested but they missed the bus. Or dropped the ball. Whatever euphamism you want to use. Can't say any more than that.

And yes I do believe Jeff Van Camp is the most likely although part of me wonders if Omar Kelly's man-love for Josh Portis has been somewhat based on things he's heard from inside the building. Then again, probably not. Probably Jeff Van Camp.

I thought Froman was the Sausage King Of Chicago?

I'm excited for Brett Brackett. I am a big PSU fan and watched him the last few years and he looks to project as a good receiving TE.

if it makes people feel any better here is the NFL Draft Countdown QB Rankings

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php

Jeff Van Camp is ranked ahead of Portis while Chappel and Froman aren't even ranked

It won't make people feel better. With the exception of CK who does the research and knows what he is talking about, most of the people on the site just hear one name and if we don't get them then the FO sucks and they all need to be fired.

no worries for me that they preferred van camp over portis...not expecting much from either

i do think portis has more upside but whatever...

Freeny is going to be a OLB for us

Grigsby is a very fast running back who has injury and fumbling problems.

Chisolm was a walk on at USC (Unv of South Carolina) Best known who losing both parents to cancer within a year. Was hurt at the end of their season.

Brackett is interesting. Started as a QB, went to WR and grew into being a TE.

Van Camp is from Florida Atlantic.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolp hins/2011/07/miami-dolphins-set-to-add-about-a-doz en-undrafted-rookies.html

Miami Dolphins set to add about a dozen undrafted rookies

by: Omar Kelly July 26th, 2011 | 2:19 AM Everyone knows Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland likes to gather his acorns.

Ireland takes pride in finding hidden gems like Dan Carpenter, Davone Bess, Marlon Moore and Robert Wallace, investing significantly in these undrafted rookies.

It appears he’s found a new crop of acorns because the Dolphins are set to sign “about 11″ undrafted rookie free agents on Tuesday morning a source said.

The Dolphins have 23 vacant roster spots considering teams will carry 90 players into training camp, which for the Dolphins should open on Thursday. Players have been told to report to the facility on Wednesday, and some of the offensive players will be there on Tuesday to sit down with Brian Daboll.

All the names of the undrafted rookie free agents haven’t been revealed YET, but we do have some, and one of them happens to be a local quarterback.

Word on the street is Florida Atlantic’s Jeff Van Camp is set to sign with the Dolphins as the team’s fourth arm. The Dolphins were aggressive in their pursuit of a rookie quarterback, but settled on Van Camp, who is 6-5, 218 pounds and uses a sidearm delivery that features a elongated release.

Van Camp is viewed as a raw developmental project who has a better arm than his former FAU teammate, Rusty Smith, whom the Titans selected in the sixth-round of the 2010 draft.

The Dolphins already have Chad Henne and Tom Brandstater in the fold, and plan to add a veteran via trade or free agency in the coming days. So that means Van Camp is realistically competing for a practice squad spot unless he shines.

I’ve confirmed the Dolphins will also add Arizona tailback Nic Grigsby, Penn State TE Brett Brackett, and South Carolina offensive guard Garrett Chisolm to the training camp roster.

San Diego State cornerback Jose Perez, who is 5-foot-11, 183 pounds and runs a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash, is also in the mix.

Grigsby has decent size, a respectable body of work, and his a homerun hitter.

Brackett is a 6-foot-5, 248-pounder who is a supposedly a workout warrior. He had a strong Pro Day with times of 4.53 and 4.61 seconds in the 40-yard dash and a 34 1/2 inch vertical leap. He also registered a 9-10 broad jump, 22 repetitions of 225 pounds in the bench press, a 4.14 short shuttle, a 6.72 three-cone drill and an 11.27 60-yard shuttle.

Chisolm, who is 6-foot-5, 312 pounds, can pull, trap and lead in space. He was a highly rated draft prospect, but his stock plummeted because he blew out his knee at the end of his senior season.

If Chisolm doesn’t pass a physical he might not sign, or he could sign and begin the year on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

now marlon moore and roberto wallace qualify as "hidden gems???"...thats quite a stretch...

haha I grew up with Jeff Van Camp in Gulf Breeze, FL, and we played peewee football together. Now one of my childhood friends is a FIN. Pretty Cool.

Back
Top Bottom