[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins

I don't understand the wholesome hate for Grier

Do you guys actually hate Grier? Or is it that you just wanted someone fresh into the organization? Before this all happened a lot of us agreed Grier was the only one worth a damn

An Elliot Wolf would have been nice but I just don't get why there's so much angst against him

Miami needs someone fresh into the organization. Ross has tried everything EXCEPT a 100% house cleaning. We need a new point of view

Reactions: A1.
I think we could have beat either of those teams if healthy. We are 2-3 over the Chargers over the last several years with Tannehill at QB. The Ravens have had our number with Flacco, but I think we beat the Ravens with Jackson at QB if this team was healthy. It is all speculation but I think we had a pretty good team before the rash of injuries.
maybe, but certainly not depth-wise. Still looking like the 2015 yr....Not much on paper...

I don't understand how anyone could have came to the conclusion he was worth a damn. No one even knows what if anything he's been responsible for.

I don't think many people hate him, they just aren't willing to give the benefit of the doubt. The only thing we know for sure about him is he was part of an incompetent FO. We don't know how much of that is on him, we simply don't know much .

My only thing is how can you throw shade at him when like you said "no one even knows what if anything he's been responsible for"

I understand being upset at Ross for wanting a house cleaning, but it seems the only thing Grier has been tagged to is the draft and he's had some very good drafts

Understand wanting to clean house. Was just unsure why everyone seems to be dogging Grier. If anyone had to be retained I'm glad it was him

seen all I needed to see. Going into games with no back-up LT, or in some peoples eyes they called him Sam Young. This guy purged weak positions on the team, to feed a culture that was more lost than cleats on basketball court. His plan just was awful. And his execution alone was worthy of losing his job.

His plan was working the 1st 3 games of the season...we saw what the was capable of...plenty of big plays...speed kills and Miami had tons of it...yes Sam Young is, was and will always be a joke and should not have sniffed this team...

A) Because he has a losing record

B) Because he had contractual final say over the 53

C) Because he was a di*k to owner AND players

D) Because you are what your record says you are, a loser

E) Because Robert van Winkle is Vanilla Ice’s real name. And every other reason under the sun

Yep that sums it.

If you average the team ranks for yards and points on offense and defense Miami is dead last.

His plan was working the 1st 3 games of the season...we saw what the was capable of...plenty of big plays...speed kills and Miami had tons of it...yes Sam Young is, was and will always be a joke and should not have sniffed this team...

We don't really know if that was going to continue through the season if injuries didn't happen. Ryan Fitzpatrick was on pace to throw 58 TD's after the 1st 3 games and we see how that ended.

A young rb on a rookie deal that scores what 11 tds and has tons of potential isn’t worth anything? Wilson? He’s on a a super cheap deal.

This is a result of a "culture change" from someone who has never had to change a culture.

I don't understand the wholesome hate for Grier

Do you guys actually hate Grier? Or is it that you just wanted someone fresh into the organization? Before this all happened a lot of us agreed Grier was the only one worth a damn

An Elliot Wolf would have been nice but I just don't get why there's so much angst against him

I do not hate Chris Grier at all. I don't know the man. He is probably a great human being, and I'd probably like to sit down and have a beer with him and talk about how much the Dolphins have sucked over the past 18 years. The past 18 years in which he has been part of institutionalized losing.

How is it that a guy was part of this losing for that long, and was consistently a cog in the worst-performing departments of the team, and yet he has somehow kept getting promoted, over and over again? How is he now somehow at the top of the Miami Dolphins football organization despite having a hand in a team that has been so bad that it has the third (?) fewest playoff appearances in the NFL since he's been here?

The Dolphins desperately needed to fire a lot of people and start over. It sucks seeing people put out of work, but when your organization has been failing for nearly two decades, major moves must be made in management and with key personnel. Besides, the NFL is a good old boys' network. All of those guys would have just found jobs with other teams. Oh, score! Guys who did a crappy job here will now do crappy jobs for our opponents.

Chris Grier should have been fired with everyone else.

You guys don't consider Stills high value?
Value includes salary cap numbers and being a true difference maker. Stills is a good player at a high salary … so a new coach isn't going to see that as value.

Despite what everyone seems to think these days, I'd say Mike Gesicki is our other high value player, although he has not proven it yet. I have faith he will.

Then there are guys like Baker, Taylor, McMillan, Godchaux and Tankersley who a young defensive minded coach might like, and some veterans throughout the team that are solid to good players. But all in all, foundational guys, I'd say it's Tunsil, Howard and Fitzpatrick.

Back
Top Bottom