[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins

$8M per for Albert Wilson is not super cheap.
We were paying mike Wallace 15 a year, Landry got 15 a year, he had what 1 TD? Wilson won us two games and if he had more than a few targets a game and stayed healthy he would’ve had double digit tds easy.

We were paying mike Wallace 15 a year, Landry got 15 a year, he had what 1 TD? Wilson won us two games and if he had more than a few targets a game and stayed healthy he would’ve had double digit tds easy.

Wallace got $12M per year. And just because Wallace and Landry were overpaid, it doesn’t mean Albert Wilson was “super cheap”.

Take away the “if” aspect of it, and the Dolphins paid him $8M for 7 games. $8M for 26 catches. $2M per touchdown.

And I know the contract didn’t break down equally at $8M per year, but you get the point.

I don’t know about you guys, but 3 high end assets seems pretty on par with the rest of the league to me. The Saints are the best team in the league right now and they have 4 by my count (Kamara, Thomas, Brees, and Lattimore). We’ve got a lot of histrionics going on right now, but this is a team with some talent. We’re missing the coaches. I’d Richard can put a good scheme together, this is a team that can improve quickly.

I don’t know about you guys, but 3 high end assets seems pretty on par with the rest of the league to me. The Saints are the best team in the league right now and they have 4 by my count (Kamara, Thomas, Brees, and Lattimore). We’ve got a lot of histrionics going on right now, but this is a team with some talent. We’re missing the coaches. I’d Richard can put a good scheme together, this is a team that can improve quickly.

I think there is legitimate young blue chip talent on this team: Minkah, X, and Tunsil. I know that opinions on those three players varies, but I think they are legitimately outstanding young football players. Concerns about X getting injured are legit, and concerns about Tunsil not quite playing up to his potential are also legit, but overall these are three players you can build with into the future.

But overall, if we are doing a cap purge and roster makeover, there isn't a lot in the cupboard outside of those guys. It could get ugly.

So since when is the Silva dweeb some kind of football luminary???

Just another internet dick with an opinion.

IMO.

Typical follow the crowd + overstate the obvious.

BFD. We're not stocked with ALL PRO talent.

But then again -- very FEW teams are.

I think there is legitimate young blue chip talent on this team: Minkah, X, and Tunsil. I know that opinions on those three players varies, but I think they are legitimately outstanding young football players. Concerns about X getting injured are legit, and concerns about Tunsil not quite playing up to his potential are also legit, but overall these are three players you can build with into the future.

But overall, if we are doing a cap purge and roster makeover, there isn't a lot in the cupboard outside of those guys. It could get ugly.

I don’t know that I agree with that. Our 2 young DTs are assets. Bobby McCain is solid in the slot. Reshad Jones and McDonald are both solid at SS. We have a significant need at DE and LB, which I think makes the rest of our group look worse than they really are.

Our OL needs a ton of TLC, as do our RBs. WR needs an injection of talent and someone needs to get Gesecki to play like his draft status. Obviously QB needs to be addressed, which nullifies everything else.

Someone mentioned high end assets as players that would garner a first rounder in a trade, which is why I went with those 3. Our depth is probably among the worst in the league and that showed when the injury bug decimated us. I think we have some pieces in place. We just also have a ton of holes to address.

There is plenty of talent on EVERY team in this league. What sets the best of the best apart from the others is elite qbs and elite coaching, neither of which Miami has had in years.

Sure there are plenty of areas that could use upgrading but most teams can say that. There's a lot of good talent on this team and maybe if they were used properly and coached properly so that they could show that talent on a regular basis there might be several more that could be designated "high value assets" by the so-called "experts".

You get a good qb and good coaching staff in here then that will become evident. They won 7 games this season with numerous injuries and trotting out Brock Osweiler as the qb for several games. How did this team with the fewest "high value assets" in the league still manage to remain in the playoff hunt until the very end of the season? Was it the awesome coaching staff and their incredible preparation and schemes?? I think not.

Lmao...for the past year or so I’ve been saying Miami has a talent issue and the fanatics in here roasted me. Very mediocre talent equals mediocre record. Even said Browns were trending up while fins trending down and the fanatics yelled telling me I should go be a Browns fan. I want Miami to succeed and I saw then what so many now see. There are pieces to build upon. X, Fitz, Tunsil, Drake, McMillan, Taylor and Baker. Get what you can for Alonso, Stills, Quinn, Jones, Sitton, McDonald and James. Gonna be a bunch of 4-7s but who cares. Package them for better picks in 2020. Have to build through the draft the next 2 years. Have 2 years to get your QB through the draft. If not this year then next.

I agree that we do have some talent on the team. I'm just saying... we're not going to have nearly as much talent after we start cutting and trading all of it this off-season.

At the very least, you have to add Cameron Jordan and Ryan Ramczyk to the Saints list.

And borderline high-end, add Mark Ingram, Sheldon Rankins, Max Unger (would be high-end if not for his age).

That's off the top of my head.

At the very least, you have to add Cameron Jordan and Ryan Ramczyk to the Saints list.

And borderline high-end, add Mark Ingram, Sheldon Rankins, Max Unger (would be high-end if not for his age).

That's off the top of my head.

They are good, no doubt. But the criteria used before was players who would garner a first rounder in a trade. I don’t think any of those players would.

They are good, no doubt. But the criteria used before was players who would garner a first rounder in a trade. I don’t think any of those players would.

I don’t think Xavien Howard would garner a first round pick in a trade. And I’d say most smart teams would not trade a first round pick for a safety. And I’d go as far as saying Kamara probably wouldn’t fetch a first round pick in return. RBs are too undervalued in today’s NFL.

I don’t think Xavien Howard would garner a first round pick in a trade. And I’d say most smart teams would not trade a first round pick for a safety. And I’d go as far as saying Kamara probably wouldn’t fetch a first round pick in return. RBs are too undervalued in today’s NFL.

I think we’re starting to split hairs at this point. I just meant that we’re not a team devoid of talent and we do have high end assets.

I think we’re starting to split hairs at this point. I just meant that we’re not a team devoid of talent and we do have high end assets.

Agreed. I just think you can’t minimize the talent on the Saints. It’s significant.

Back
Top Bottom